It's all down to Monk now.

3 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

He has been well backed by Chansiri.

He has his backroom staff now.

He has his own players.

He has no more excuses.

And today should be where the judgement starts. If people stopped banging on about the second half of last season that would be just grand.

I've said this before, we can't afford to go on long bad runs now and the margin for error with Monk staying in the hot seat will be less than with other recent managers....and I'm ok with that

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

He has his own players.

He has no more excuses.

He’ll find some excuse. Let’s face it the points deduction is his get out of jail card whatever happens?

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I honestly think this side now looks capable of a mid table finish.

If we didn’t have the deduction, then there would be a different mentality and I imagine we could’ve kicked on better than that

The team, now starting from the back looks absolutely solid:

Dawson 

Iorfa Dunkley Flint

Harris Bannan Luongo Reach

Brown

Patterson Windass/Marriott

Were going to setup to not concede and nick 1-0’s - itll never be a side that scores 3/4 a game unfortunately. That’ll take time.

• Like 4

Love it. OP no more excuses. 
Following posts excuses excuses excuses. 
im sticking by my word and see how it’s going after Ten games. Hopefully by then we will seeing some progress and be off the bottom. Or even mid table if the EFL get their fingers out and we win the appeal. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bigger Guns said:

In fairness he probably still doesn’t have the team he wants.

We have been hamstrung by this deduction and I’m sure there are targets that chose not to come because of it. 

Of course there is the deduction itself, which is not of Monk’s doing

I agree about the deduction but don’t forget, most teams in the championship will never have their ‘ideal teams’ because not everyone has money to burn, especially this season with everything that’s happened and chairmen will be less inclined to put their hands in their pockets. 

I think most would agree that we’ve had a better transfer window than what was expected, especially given where we were a few weeks ago. 

There are no more excuses from here on  in. 

Any less than 12 points by the end of the month and I think he’s a dead man walking.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

He has his own players.

He has no more excuses.

Yes, agree with this and I think we’ve done reasonably well in the transfer and loan market. On paper at least, we’ve a much stronger squad now, despite current injuries.

However, it’s going to take a while for the new players to gel together as a team - some of them have only been at the club a few days remember - so I do hope that the “Monk Out “ brigade don’t go into meltdown if we don’t get a result at Brum this afternoon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Team still isn’t good enough . Still has zero creativity and no goals . Hopefully it will over perform 

Have to say you've nailed it right there. 

Looks like we have gone for character over skill. 

Maybe we can get by on team spirit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

I’m going to ignore the 70% bit and pretend you agreed 

Nearly did, but found the get out clause creativity, which I really believe we have, just need to utilise it but that will be when the problems  start. 

Would have liked a player in the Murphy mould to have been signed, that is a glaring omission for me.

Managed correctly this side can finish mid table.

Plenty of experience, pace and options to switch formation. 

All the ‘bad eggs’ are gone and he’s been able to bring in his own backroom staff

Sure it would have been nice to buy a bit more quality but I think we’ve signed well and now have a much more balanced squad.

I don’t want to see anymore excuses now. No rubbish like they need to gel or we need to give him time. Monk has been afforded more time than any other manager I can remember when you take into consideration our horrific hole run, terrible points return since Christmas and our unprecedented amount of late goals and points thrown away in the last 5 minutes of games.

Have to deliver now. Little room for patience. 

• Like 3

Ten league games.

See how they all do.

If there is a sign of improvement, then so be it.

If its the same turgid football being produced, then people will have the right to question.
However, right now, we are 6 points closer than we were at the start of the season to overhauling our relegation rivals.

That's the only thing we should focus on.  The clawback factor, the rest is immaterial to our survival.
There's a bigger picture this season.

• Like 2