Serious set piece threat

If we get the delivery right, not just corners and free kicks but also Paterson’s long throw. I wouldn’t fancy defending against Iorfa, Flint or Dunkley with Marriott sniffing for the loose ball. Hope we work on taking full advantage of this Mr Monk.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

If we get the delivery right, not just corners and free kicks but also Paterson’s long throw. I wouldn’t fancy defending against Iorfa, Flint or Dunkley with Marriott sniffing for the loose ball. Hope we work on taking full advantage of this Mr Monk.

Can’t help thinking it’s looking very much like a Megson sort of team . But what the hell, this season is about results rather than style. We need survival this time around, the pretty stuff can wait.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Can’t help thinking it’s looking very much like a Megson sort of team . But what the hell, this season is about results rather than style. We need survival this time around, the pretty stuff can wait.

Exactly needs must, it might not be pretty but it can be very effective if executed correctly. Like you say pretty stuff can wait. Especially while crowds are not in stadiums it’s points win prizes not performances.

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Nowt wrong wi5h a ‘megson sort of team’

You just can’t mark everyone 

some serious heading ability in the box now 

3 big centre backs all who can attack the ball

Could be worth in points gained and avoided points dropped 15 plus points this season 

58 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Knowing Monk ,if it's in the 2nd half they will all be in our half..wakn

1 hour ago, swfc1983 said:

I have a feeling we will need set pieces to make the difference and snatch a 1-0 win

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

They should be a handful at both ends of the pitch, if and when they're all fit. I think we have given ourselves a decent chance of staying up, we should be more solid, hardworking and direct. However, I don't think we've replaced Fletcher and Murphy, goals could still be able issue, unless they're spread around more. Hopefully we won't be bullied by the more physical teams, we'll have to get our creative and attacking players further up the pitch and more into the games. But I'm reasonably pleased with the players we've brought in considering our points deduction and the current climate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Nobody can watch it anyway. Perfect time for it.

lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Neon Nick said:

Patterson does have a good throw-in, not just in distance, he's accurate, especially when throwing into the box, 6 or 18.  Reach delivers the same, with his foot.  Ought to be some set-piece goals, with that kind of delivery.

Yeah the key is getting reach into the areas where he can deliver early crosses and we are getting enough bodies in to the box to capitilise.  That will be a bigger source of goals if done right then relying on long throws.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, new zealand owl said:

Yeah the key is getting reach into the areas where he can deliver early crosses and we are getting enough bodies in to the box to capitilise.  That will be a bigger source of goals if done right then relying on long throws.

Yes, the key seems to be capable "bodies" into the box.  I think we have the capable ""bodies", but they have to be there.  Long throws mean headers, on-the-deck-kicks mean footwork. 

10 hours ago, Blatter said:

Not sure about you but I don’t think I can wait much longer...