Sheffield Wednesday make bid to bring Michael Hector back to SWFC

39 minutes ago, clifford said:

Good player in the Championship but absolute disaster in the Premier League. Show the gulf in class.

Giving some thought to your comment Clifford I can’t say your wrong but it had me thinking. When he first arrived on loan from Chelsea he was one of the many young players they nurtured in the hope that one or two really break into the big time and then they could either sell them on  for pretty penny or in a very few cases they do actually break in to Chelsea’s first team

In Hector’s case if you remember he was a bit sloppy when he first arrived but blossomed as the season went on.

In our team he became a good player and I believe the additional coaching and game time he clocked up all contributed to increasing his value. Fulham paid the going price (regretfully we couldn’t afford) but he couldn’t make the transition to Premiership quality. I do think he has the makings so let’s hope if he is for sale in the January transfer window we have what it needs to bring him back to S6.

Now that would be a good belated Xmas present.

I was desperate for us to bring Hector back last season, he did an excellent job for us the previous year. To be truthful, he never looked like a Premier League player though. It’s true of the centre backs we have now, with only Iorfa, maybe having an outside chance. It’s a big step up, and although there are examples of similar players making a go of it, they are few and far between. At this level he’d be an upgrade on all bar Iorfa, but could we justify it The ones we have are more than adequate championship defenders, and there are certainly other areas we should consider upgrading first

• Like 3