And so it begins - Football on Box Office.

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

You see what I'm saying tho?

The fancied games. The entertaining games. The games that are picked for Sky Sports....have transferred over to Box Office.

So the "good games" have been taken away from the neutral 

No.  I don't think any of those games are particularly headline grabbing.  

It's impossible to judge if a game is going to be good or not before hand though.  Some of the best games this season have been one's you'd never have picked.  Some of the worst over the years have bene the games between the top teams.

Just not bothered...

22 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I’d never pay to watch 2 teams play football on a TV when you can so ridiculously easily get a good stream for free.

I wouldn’t even pay to watch Wednesday (unless a huge game)

Foook em, it’s just not worth it 

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2020/october/beating-the-battle-with-piracy/

Just not bothered...

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

No.  I don't think any of those games are particularly headline grabbing.  

It's impossible to judge if a game is going to be good or not before hand though.  Some of the best games this season have been one's you'd never have picked.  Some of the worst over the years have bene the games between the top teams.

Are you trying to convince us to enjoy watching Burnley, WBA, Palace, Southampton etc...

It's sickening what they're doing.

21 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Signed up to a 12 month contract with sky, 2 weeks ago.

Just makes business sense for them, they're never going to pick Burnley vs Palace for £15 PPV 

Which of those games are you so desperate to watch out of interest?  Not one of those would I consider must watch game.

The upcoming fixtures are as below:

SATURDAY 17TH OCTOBER

Everton12:30Liverpool

Chelsea15:00Southampton

Manchester City17:30Arsenal

Newcastle United20:00Manchester United

SUNDAY 18TH OCTOBER

Sheffield United12:00Fulham

Crystal Palace14:00Brighton & Hove Albion

Tottenham Hotspur16:30West Ham United

Leicester City19:15Aston Villa

MONDAY 19TH OCTOBER

West Bromwich Albion17:30Burnley

Leeds United20:00Wolverhampton Wanderers

FRIDAY 23RD OCTOBER

Aston Villa20:00Leeds United

SATURDAY 24TH OCTOBER

West Ham United12:30Manchester City

Fulham15:00Crystal Palace

Manchester United17:30Chelsea

Liverpool20:00Sheffield United

SUNDAY 25TH OCTOBER

Southampton14:00Everton

Wolverhampton Wanderers16:30Newcastle United

Arsenal19:15Leicester City

MONDAY 26TH OCTOBER

Brighton & Hove Albion17:30West Bromwich Albion

Burnley20:00Tottenham Hotspur

There's plenty more to be going at there!

Just not bothered...

On 15/10/2020 at 23:48, bigash_swfc said:

Just had a peek at the fixtures this weekend:

Newcastle United vs. Manchester United - SKY BOX OFFICE.

Leicester City vs. Aston Villa - SKY BOX OFFICE.

Following weekend;

Liverpool vs Sheffield United - SKY BOX OFFICE.

Arsenal vs. Leicester - SKY BOX OFFICE.

No doubt all entertaining games, taken away from the neutral. All these offers to get you to buy into Sky Sports, then they do this.

If there is a trend to put beter games on box office my sky subscription gets cancelled as soon as evidence of this. 

I am not sure if you can just watch Championship football without PL but will try and do this.

Coverage on Championship is substantial now they lost Spanish football but Champiosnship clubs did not get reward they deserved for this. Unfortunately the standard of presenters and and analysts has sjlipped to a new low in the current season.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2020 at 11:31, bigash_swfc said:

You see what I'm saying tho?

The fancied games. The entertaining games. The games that are picked for Sky Sports....have transferred over to Box Office.

So the "good games" have been taken away from the neutral 

No they haven't. Live on Sky today, Man City v Arsenal. Live on Sky next Saturday, Man Utd v Chelsea.

Every one of the games where 2 of the big 6 play each other will be live as normal on either Sky or BT. And if anybody moans when Sky games involve Brighton, Burnley, WBA etc. - they're contractually obliged to show a minimum number of live games for every club. 

35 minutes ago, alanharper said:

No they haven't. Live on Sky today, Man City v Arsenal. Live on Sky next Saturday, Man Utd v Chelsea.

Every one of the games where 2 of the big 6 play each other will be live as normal on either Sky or BT. And if anybody moans when Sky games involve Brighton, Burnley, WBA etc. - they're contractually obliged to show a minimum number of live games for every club. 

Do you not think greed will take over....when they see this PPV service doing well.

It won't flop because of the size of the fan base for these premier league clubs.

17 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Do you not think greed will take over....when they see this PPV service doing well.

It won't flop because of the size of the fan base for these premier league clubs.

Who knows what may happen in the future, as far as I'm aware this, like Ifollow being available to all fans, is a temporary measure whilst fans arent allowed to go to games.

But you've stated that all the biggest games are being "transferred" to Sky Box Office, which clearly isn't the case at all. They've just given fans the additional option to pay to watch their teams in what would have been non-televised games, just like the EFL clubs have. 

20 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Should go back to have the FA Cup live, England internationals (Only if they win ) live 

MOT on a Saturday night

ITV  to Show highlights on Sunday afternoon

Bring back the home internationals

Get rid of VAR

Matches to be played on a Saturday and Tues/Wed night

No international breaks

Yeah I agree.  Presumably you'll be happy going back to a 1970's wage too?

Just not bothered...

Are the normal games on sky my guess is yes and this is an addition to those games for those wishing to view them especially not being able to go into the ground 

I see no problem with this I currently pay £10 a game to watch a team bottom of the championship

the neutral like me in other games watches what’s on tv / sky like I have done for last 20 years 

On 15/10/2020 at 23:48, bigash_swfc said:

Just had a peek at the fixtures this weekend:

Newcastle United vs. Manchester United - SKY BOX OFFICE.

Leicester City vs. Aston Villa - SKY BOX OFFICE.

Following weekend;

Liverpool vs Sheffield United - SKY BOX OFFICE.

Arsenal vs. Leicester - SKY BOX OFFICE.

No doubt all entertaining games, taken away from the neutral. All these offers to get you to buy into Sky Sports, then they do this.

Stop watching Premier League games then. 

You support Sheffield Wednesday.  Why are you watching random other teams, financially supporting other clubs and paying into a league that would be happy to see us go bust. 

Stop it.