And so it begins - Football on Box Office.

Just had a peek at the fixtures this weekend:

Newcastle United vs. Manchester United - SKY BOX OFFICE.

Leicester City vs. Aston Villa - SKY BOX OFFICE.

Following weekend;

Liverpool vs Sheffield United - SKY BOX OFFICE.

Arsenal vs. Leicester - SKY BOX OFFICE.

No doubt all entertaining games, taken away from the neutral. All these offers to get you to buy into Sky Sports, then they do this.

• Like 1

Well they won't be getting 15 quid off me for a game between 2 teams who I don't support. My sky sports package cost about 17 quid a month. As if I'm paying that again for 1 match. 

Also, when was this idea conceived? Only heard about it recently. Seems odd that Newcastle v man u is box office, I'd have thought that would have been one of the games picked for broadcast anyway. 

Guest Bulgaria

It was only a matter of time.

The Covid 19 pandemic is the perfect time to bury bad news.

Edited by Bulgaria

9 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Following weekend;

No doubt all entertaining games, taken away from the neutral. All these offers to get you to buy into Sky Sports, then they do this.

They haven't been "taken away from the neutral"  they weren't originally scheduled to be broadcast at all. Now their fans have the option to pay to watch, albeit at an extortionate price.

It's not really any different to Ifollow apart from the price, but I suppose their stance is that if there are people willing to pay £10 to watch Mansfield v Stevenage on the internet then there'll be plenty willing to pay £15 to watch Liverpool and Man Utd play on Sky.  

At least they're still showing the 5 most attractive games live as usual across Sky and BT, and not using their boxing model when you have to pay extra to watch the big fights because they're not included in your sub. (Yet!) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

They haven't been "taken away from the neutral"  they weren't originally scheduled to be broadcast at all. Now their fans have the option to pay to watch, albeit at an extortionate price.

Well they have because Sky are choosing the more fancied games for Box Office. Games that would have originally been scheduled for Sky Sports.

13 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

These games aren't for the neutral though are they.  They are being offered so that fans of those clubs who can't attend can watch their team when they aren't televised.  It's basically the EPL version of iFollow.

You see what I'm saying tho?

The fancied games. The entertaining games. The games that are picked for Sky Sports....have transferred over to Box Office.

So the "good games" have been taken away from the neutral 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Following weekend;

I would like to be entertained by Liverpool scoring about 12 and seeing Wilders face..... wouldn't be paying £1.50 never mind £15 for it though

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

You see what I'm saying tho?

The fancied games. The entertaining games. The games that are picked for Sky Sports....have transferred over to Box Office.

So the "good games" have been taken away from the neutral 

They haven't though. The games on box office are games not originally picked for tv. If that was the case why is the Merseyside derby not on box office?

Neutrals are not missing out on anything that they would normally have access to. 

1 minute ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

They haven't though. The games on box office are games not originally picked for tv. If that was the case why is the Merseyside derby not on box office?

Neutrals are not missing out on anything that they would normally have access to. 

Because BT Sports have had the rights to that game since the season started.

You're wrong mate, sky sports are picking and choosing games last minute. They're choosing the better games.

Pointless putting WBA vs. Burnley on PPV for example

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Because BT Sports have had the rights to that game since the season started.

You're wrong mate, sky sports are picking and choosing games last minute. They're choosing the better games.

Pointless putting WBA vs. Burnley on PPV for example

The better games are on sky or bt it's the others that have been put on box office. 

https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-premier-league-football-on-tv.html

The other games are catered for fans of wba or burnley etc who will likely pay the £15 to watch their team. It's no different to the efl allowing fans to stream games at £10.