Jump to content

And so it begins - Football on Box Office.


Recommended Posts

Just had a peek at the fixtures this weekend:


Newcastle United vs. Manchester United - SKY BOX OFFICE.

Leicester City vs. Aston Villa - SKY BOX OFFICE.

 

Following weekend;


Liverpool vs Sheffield United - SKY BOX OFFICE.

Arsenal vs. Leicester - SKY BOX OFFICE.

 

 

No doubt all entertaining games, taken away from the neutral. All these offers to get you to buy into Sky Sports, then they do this.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well there’s a surprise! Do you have to have sky and then pay for the game, or can you just pay for the game? Not that I’m going to do either I’m just curious 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, markg said:

Wouldnt pay anything to watch a match as a  neutral. Especially at the moment with no crowds, so dull and pointless 

Certainly not £15

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well they won't be getting 15 quid off me for a game between 2 teams who I don't support. My sky sports package cost about 17 quid a month. As if I'm paying that again for 1 match. 

 

Also, when was this idea conceived? Only heard about it recently. Seems odd that Newcastle v man u is box office, I'd have thought that would have been one of the games picked for broadcast anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was only a matter of time.

 

The Covid 19 pandemic is the perfect time to bury bad news.

Edited by Bulgaria
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Just had a peek at the fixtures this weekend:


Newcastle United vs. Manchester United - SKY BOX OFFICE.

Leicester City vs. Aston Villa - SKY BOX OFFICE.

 

Following weekend;


Liverpool vs Sheffield United - SKY BOX OFFICE.

Arsenal vs. Leicester - SKY BOX OFFICE.

 

 

No doubt all entertaining games, taken away from the neutral. All these offers to get you to buy into Sky Sports, then they do this.

 

They haven't been "taken away from the neutral"  they weren't originally scheduled to be broadcast at all. Now their fans have the option to pay to watch, albeit at an extortionate price.

 

It's not really any different to Ifollow apart from the price, but I suppose their stance is that if there are people willing to pay £10 to watch Mansfield v Stevenage on the internet then there'll be plenty willing to pay £15 to watch Liverpool and Man Utd play on Sky.  

 

At least they're still showing the 5 most attractive games live as usual across Sky and BT, and not using their boxing model when you have to pay extra to watch the big fights because they're not included in your sub. (Yet!) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alanharper said:

 

They haven't been "taken away from the neutral"  they weren't originally scheduled to be broadcast at all. Now their fans have the option to pay to watch, albeit at an extortionate price.

 

Well they have because Sky are choosing the more fancied games for Box Office. Games that would have originally been scheduled for Sky Sports.

Link to post
Share on other sites

These games aren't for the neutral though are they.  They are being offered so that fans of those clubs who can't attend can watch their team when they aren't televised.  It's basically the EPL version of iFollow.

  • Like 1

Just not bothered...

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

These games aren't for the neutral though are they.  They are being offered so that fans of those clubs who can't attend can watch their team when they aren't televised.  It's basically the EPL version of iFollow.

 

You see what I'm saying tho?

 

The fancied games. The entertaining games. The games that are picked for Sky Sports....have transferred over to Box Office.

 

So the "good games" have been taken away from the neutral 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Just had a peek at the fixtures this weekend:


Newcastle United vs. Manchester United - SKY BOX OFFICE.

Leicester City vs. Aston Villa - SKY BOX OFFICE.

 

Following weekend;


Liverpool vs Sheffield United - SKY BOX OFFICE.

Arsenal vs. Leicester - SKY BOX OFFICE.

 

 

No doubt all entertaining games, taken away from the neutral. All these offers to get you to buy into Sky Sports, then they do this.

I would like to be entertained by Liverpool scoring about 12 and seeing Wilders face..... wouldn't be paying £1.50 never mind £15 for it though

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

 

You see what I'm saying tho?

 

The fancied games. The entertaining games. The games that are picked for Sky Sports....have transferred over to Box Office.

 

So the "good games" have been taken away from the neutral 

They haven't though. The games on box office are games not originally picked for tv. If that was the case why is the Merseyside derby not on box office?

 

Neutrals are not missing out on anything that they would normally have access to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

They haven't though. The games on box office are games not originally picked for tv. If that was the case why is the Merseyside derby not on box office?

 

Neutrals are not missing out on anything that they would normally have access to. 

 

Because BT Sports have had the rights to that game since the season started.

 

You're wrong mate, sky sports are picking and choosing games last minute. They're choosing the better games.

 

Pointless putting WBA vs. Burnley on PPV for example

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

 

Because BT Sports have had the rights to that game since the season started.

 

You're wrong mate, sky sports are picking and choosing games last minute. They're choosing the better games.

 

Pointless putting WBA vs. Burnley on PPV for example

The better games are on sky or bt it's the others that have been put on box office. 

https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-premier-league-football-on-tv.html

 

The other games are catered for fans of wba or burnley etc who will likely pay the £15 to watch their team. It's no different to the efl allowing fans to stream games at £10.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...