Woodseats

BBC heaven......not that they have ever bothered me,barred em from every Pub i ever worked at, They ****ing hate me.....Even now....Nan used to have a shop on Olivett Rd in the 60s..(flats now by the look)...Woodseats nick still there.....!! 

Bit sad when you can describe the inside of Sheffield Police Stations....

Edited by parajack
  • Like 3

Lived in the area since 1966.

Watched the steady decline just like all outer city shopping areas.

Great if you want a tattoo, your nails done, your hair barbered cheap or a takeaway, forget shopping for owt else unless it’s a charity shop.

Probably the only genuine shops that are left are Battys butchers and Baldocks fishmongers plus the erstwhile Williams of Woodseats 

When I first came here there were 2 cinemas, 3 pubs , 3 fish and chip shops, cobblers, butchers, bakers, fruit and veg shops and more and more importantly, lots of character.

Definitely a predominance of United support in the area

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Great if you want a tattoo, your nails done, your hair barbered cheap or a takeaway, forget shopping for owt else unless it’s a charity shop.

Probably the only genuine shops that are left are Battys butchers and Baldocks fishmongers plus the erstwhile Williams of Woodseats 

When I first came here there were 2 cinemas, 3 pubs , 3 fish and chip shops, cobblers, butchers, bakers, fruit and veg shops and more and more importantly, lots of character.

Went to school with Batty, went to his wedding. Not seen him in years but in touch on FB

4 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Yep, sounds just like Hillsborough, though even our fishmonger (Manns) left years ago. 😪

4 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Yep, sounds just like Hillsborough, though even our fishmonger (Manns) left years ago. 😪

Yep was going to say that.

Attercliffe, Hillsborough, Woodseats all big outer city shopping areas that have gone to the dogs 

• Like 1