Taskmaster

DeeJayOne

I avoided this for ages because I just didn't like the idea of it much, but I watched a couple of old episodes on Dave when i was ill during the first lockdown and really got into it. Because I've been watching a lot of it at random times on Dave I've completely lost track of which series is which now.

One thing I really like is that you get to see comedians/actors behaving more as themselves when they're actually doing the tasks - almost like they sometimes forget that it's actually being filmed.

Something that really stood out to me was the series with David Baddiel. An extremely intelligent (academically) and worldly guy, and yet he was absolutely, utterly inept when it came to basic problem-solving.

On 01/12/2021 at 11:33, punkskaphil said:

Something that really stood out to me was the series with David Baddiel. An extremely intelligent (academically) and worldly guy, and yet he was absolutely, utterly inept when it came to basic problem-solving.

I'd love to see Stephen Fry on it for this reason.

11 hours ago, mirodo said:

I'd love to see Stephen Fry on it for this reason.

I'm sure Stephen Fry would say no just because of that. VCM showed how incredibly intelligent people can be made to look ridiculous when out of their element. 

The person I want to see is Richard Ayoade.

I was amazed at Coren Mitchells abilities too. She seemed either incapable of following simple instructions, often got the wrong end of an instruction altogether, but could work out fairly complex puzzles quite easily (I guess that’s the poker player in her)