Taskmaster

DeeJayOne

On 16/10/2020 at 10:04, DeeJayOne said:

Go back and watch them all from the start. The first few series in particular are just incredible.

They are all on All4 now.

Highly recommend this

Especially the series with Joe Wilkinson participating.

The first series is still the best, for me... everyone went into that not really knowing what it was all about and so it has that innocent charm.

That said, all of them are great and there isn't really a bad series. It is kind of evergreen content because it is all about different interpretations.

Unless you watch the American series with Reggie Yates as the Taskmaster... that is bloody awful.

Decided to watch first series.  Its just a bit too laddish for me and already getting repetitive.

Yeah some bits are kinda funny but the challenges are just a bit meh.

Melt a block of ice, so he chucks it in the river.  Great tv.

I know its american but impractical jokers is much more entertaining.

Impractical Jokers was brilliant for a few series, but I just can't watch it now for some reason. Proper fatigued on it. It is like a saccharine Jackass. It peaked at the Tattoos, which even now has me crying with laughter. 😂😂😂

Still listen to Q on Tell Em Steve Dave every week though.

40 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Went down twice to watch this being filmed. Great experience.

Beer/wine tent for a couple of hours, then into the studio.

Greg Davis is brilliant with the audience. Well worth it.

How do you go about tickets and how much are they? 

5 hours ago, fudge27 said:

How do you go about tickets and how much are they? 

Its free mate, though you pay for any booze, with the exception of Bud which they seem to give out freely.

My daughter is a comedy nut so it’s her that books them. I’ll get the info off her for you. It’s at Pinewood Studios, Slough. Of course I assume it’s not live audiences during Covid but my daughter will know.

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Its free mate, though you pay for any booze, with the exception of Bud which they seem to give out freely.

My daughter is a comedy nut so it’s her that books them. I’ll get the info off her for you. It’s at Pinewood Studios, Slough. Of course I assume it’s not live audiences during Covid but my daughter will know.

Sounds like a decent day out! Would appreciate that mate

This series has been a bit flatter - but i think thats social distancing more than anything (seems that some tasks were done before the pandemic and some after).

For a few seasons I didnt realise it was the same comedians each week. I wondered why i kept seeing the same episode and turning it over.