Garry Monk targets a number of new signings

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

Can’t have it both ways. Can’t say Carlos was blameless for the mess we are in and then blame monk for resigning Pelupessy etc.

Im not trying to have it both ways.

Neither Carlos or Monk are to blame for the clubs transfer policy. And I've never suggested Monk was to blame.

Of course they still say yes or no to suggested signings so on an individual player level they bear some responsibility for that players subsequent success or failure.

On that basis its perfectly reasonable to criticise Monk for choosing to re-sign Pelupessy when he could have said no (Not that I was criticising him but for some reason you seemed to be suggesting I was).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Surely we won't be signing any players as we are too busy sorting out the season ticket refunds out for our supporters. Would look pretty poor signing players on a few grand a week when we can't refund our supporters.

What would you rather have ?

2 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Neither Carlos or Monk are to blame for the clubs transfer policy. And I've never suggested Monk was to blame.

Of course they still say yes or no to suggested signings so on an individual player level they bear some responsibility for that players subsequent success or failure.

On that basis its perfectly reasonable to criticise Monk for choosing to re-sign Pelupessy when he could have said no (Not that I was criticising him but for some reason you seemed to be suggesting I was).

Monk might have had nothing to do with re signing Pelupessy 

• Like 1

That initial recruitment with that committee with glen roder was our best system transformed our team and hit the grind running 

why we let that get broke up is quite the mystery because apart from a few half decent signings our transfers have been pretty poor since 

wonder why we didn’t keep with that 

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

That initial recruitment with that committee with glen roder was our best system transformed our team and hit the grind running 

why we let that get broke up is quite the mystery because apart from a few half decent signings our transfers have been pretty poor since 

wonder why we didn’t keep with that 

Not Paxo man.

54 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

What would you rather have ?

Tough one

Do you want 

a. A substantial amount of money owed to you to be repaid, money that can be spent on many things.

b.  To see lee Gregory amble about on a broken I follow stream on your mobile phone .

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Didn’t Carlos get absolutely slated on here for destroying the club with all the poor signings he made? I think Monk has cleared up that he will have had little to no involvement in them and Monk is in a similar situation identifying positions he needs then letting the club get on with it. Jordan Rhodes 100000% not a Carlos signing. 

Garry Monk as controlled by THE ROOM NEXT DOOR

“I’ve said it all along, it’s important to strengthen the squad regardless, but in our situation, of course it is,”

Eh, What does that actually mean though Garry?

Try something else, make it sound at least like a proper sentence.

image.png.d3527a276e90513945efdca6a3442cd3.png

“In any window, especially this one, it’s never easy. We understand where we’re at and what we can and can’t do, that’s not easy.

It isn't easy? Jesus not again. What exactly are you saying here mate? You might understand where you are at but nobody fekkin else does Garry. Talk about hard work...

image.png.84fcc7596ccc3d31e240f189b4161b06.png

Everybody is trying to work as hard as they can to find a solution.

That's better, bang on message....

“As with anything, I’m hopeful of a few solutions to come in.

Solutions! FFS are you playing Scrabble on your phone? Say things like 'players' that people can understand. Talk straight for gods sake

If not, I’ll have to deal with that and get on with it. We’ve got a couple of days and we’ll see what happens with that.”

Christ on a bike. Lets hope a couple of days is all youve got..

image.png.f093b0256fc9ff196d091f2f011bdbd0.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Didn’t Carlos get absolutely slated on here for destroying the club with all the poor signings he made? I think Monk has cleared up that he will have had little to no involvement in them 

No he hasn't

He's spoken about how the club is working right now with Garry Monk

Nobody's said a dicky bird about anything to do with Carlos' time at the club

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No he hasn't

He's spoken about how the club is working right now with Garry Monk

Nobody's said a dicky bird about anything to do with Carlos' time at the club

Well I’m confused. So who does decide on signings and sales. That to me reads as though they have a discussion about players and needs. It’s obviously not GMs job to sort the finances of said transfers. But I’m the next breath he says the club don’t discuss sales with him ?

6 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Well I’m confused. So who does decide on signings and sales. That to me reads as though they have a discussion about players and needs. It’s obviously not GMs job to sort the finances of said transfers. But I’m the next breath he says the club don’t discuss sales with him ?

Correct

That's what Garry Monk says about how it works at Sheffield Wednesday whilst Garry Monk is the manager

Nothing at all to do with Carlos or his time here?

Owlstalk Shop

25 minutes ago, Nero said:

Garry Monk as controlled by THE ROOM NEXT DOOR

“I’ve said it all along, it’s important to strengthen the squad regardless, but in our situation, of course it is,”

Eh, What does that actually mean though Garry?

Try something else, make it sound at least like a proper sentence.

image.png.d3527a276e90513945efdca6a3442cd3.png

“In any window, especially this one, it’s never easy. We understand where we’re at and what we can and can’t do, that’s not easy.

It isn't easy? Jesus not again. What exactly are you saying here mate? You might understand where you are at but nobody fekkin else does Garry. Talk about hard work...

image.png.84fcc7596ccc3d31e240f189b4161b06.png

Everybody is trying to work as hard as they can to find a solution.

That's better, bang on message....

“As with anything, I’m hopeful of a few solutions to come in.

Solutions! FFS are you playing Scrabble on your phone? Say things like 'players' that people can understand. Talk straight for gods sake

If not, I’ll have to deal with that and get on with it. We’ve got a couple of days and we’ll see what happens with that.”

Christ on a bike. Lets hope a couple of days is all youve got..

image.png.f093b0256fc9ff196d091f2f011bdbd0.png

My favourit e bit was:

"I’ve never really got involved in the decision side of it. My job is to say yes or no"

Yes or no sounds pretty decisive to me

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

I mean people in general not you personally

38 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

My favourit e bit was:

"I’ve never really got involved in the decision side of it. My job is to say yes or no"

Yes or no sounds pretty decisive to me

I said in another thread, Monk isn’t the sharpest tool in the box, and rarely comes across well in interviews, except perhaps to those who are similarly afflicted 

• Haha 2