Brentford bid for Bannan

11 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Bannan is one of a few players who has given value for money in the DC era.

He is probably a top earner but is rarely injured and contributes a lot to the team.

We basically have 3 senior pros who are capable of a bit of quality, Bannan, Brown and Reach. ( Windass at a push) 

I can’t visualise how we would play without Bannan but I can’t believe it would be an improvement and could only see relegation beckoning.

Bannan must be very interested in the move.

Summed it all up for me there.  

5 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

It would also cost us more to replace him. So even financially it’s not a good move.

If we’re in a good position in Jan, and Brentford are in the top 6 I’d happily let him go for 500k as a thank you for his time here. 

Realistically, bar a minor miracle, we’ll be trying to replace him next summer anyway. 

why not keep him? 

54 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

lol

Yeah reyt, the prem is full of clubs like brentford.

Yeah you’re right we will be back there soon enough. We had a good team in the 1920s and 1990s so it’s guaranteed we will regain our rightful place amongst the best teams in the country.

Guest Kameron
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

On a separate note and off on a tangent does anyone know any fans who clearly didn't get a reply from Bannan for some signed boots?

lol

Shouldn't be hard to track down, can't be many grown adults wanting 12-18 month sized boots. 

1 hour ago, Jim said:

The objective this season is to stay up. I think given the way we play it’s 50/50 with or without Bannan that we’ll stay up but as I said earlier on our squad is going to go through more change wherever we are in 12 months time and it might as well continue now as wait until next summer?

Are you saying that bannan going or staying has no impact on our chance of staying up?

In my view, if he leaves, our chances of staying up go down quite a bit.

7 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Are you saying that bannan going or staying has no impact on our chance of staying up?

In my view, if he leaves, our chances of staying up go down quite a bit.

You might be right? Point I’m trying to make is I don’t think we’ll see the best of Bannan in our current system therefore persevering with him in it might make our chances of staying up 50/50?

If we sell, we may get someone in who’ll fit in it better but like I said Bannan along with a few others won’t be here next season so we might as well bring the changes forward if we get the opportunity?

Guest Therealrealist

Bannan will end up squeezing us for another bumper 4 year deal..then he will fade year on year..and we will all realise we shud have got rid..I reckon this will happen

6 minutes ago, Jim said:

You might be right? Point I’m trying to make is I don’t think we’ll see the best of Bannan in our current system therefore persevering with him in it might make our chances of staying up 50/50?

If we sell, we may get someone in who’ll fit in it better but like I said Bannan along with a few others won’t be here next season so we might as well bring the changes forward if we get the opportunity?

Agree he needs to play further forward than he currently is.

I don't think we can bring the changes this season, it's too risky with the points deduction. We need to keep bannan and get him signing a new contract. We need him this season.

• Like 1

Whilst Bannan the individual is obviously one of our better players he doesn’t make us a better team.

He demands the ball in ******** poor positions when he shouldnt

because we have an relatively inexperienced team they then give him the ball in positions they shouldnt

he insists on taking free kicks and corners and they are sheite....up there with Kane’s corners for England

his goal scoring record is poor

his leadership leaves a lot to be desired 

Without Bannan others would step up to the plate and we’d have a more balanced team in terms of taking responsibility 

And as a bonus, I’m assuming Joey would be part of the deal otherwise who would pass the ball to him

• Like 6