Brentford bid for Bannan

Just now, Kameron said:

get him sold, most over rated player we've ever had.  He's another who's lived off one decent season, done nothing since.

On a separate note and off on a tangent does anyone know any fans who clearly didn't get a reply from Bannan for some signed boots?

lol

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

If he’s not intending on staying on another year or two then best to sell him now. I’m done with players letting their contracts run down and we get nothing on the back of it. 

I’d personally sell and then bring in someone to sit in front the back 4 as a shield, allowing Luongo and Brown to create. Bannan has been decent but I’m at the point now where I’d like to see a whole new midfield.

• Like 1

If the bid had come in at the start of the window and we had time to properly replace him, I can see the logic behind parting ways for the right price. 

Two days before the window shuts, it’ll cost us more to replace him than it will to keep him, with the added risk that we don’t manage to replace him at all... so we’ll be letting one of our best players go (for what, a £1-2m transfer fee and maybe saving £1m in wages?) to most likely replace him with Pelupessy. 

Absolutely mental that some people think this is a good idea at this point in time

• Like 1

If the price is anywhere near right we should let him go.

I think Bannan on his day is as good a footballer as there is at this level and one of the best players we've had in the last 2 decades.

But when he's demotivated, sitting on Tom Lee's toes, shouting and flapping his arms about (which he's done plenty of in the last 2 years) he can be incredibly frustrating... We've actually spent most of his time here trying to get him into the side at all costs or shoe horn him into a system which doesn't suit his natural game.

Think a move could actually suit both parties.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Not bothered if he stays or goes. Not really bothered about any players at the moment. I think we'll do enough to stay up with or without him. Be a scrape mind. Apathy all over. 

This ^ not exactly looking like an enjoyable season is it. We’d need to be signing some creative and goal scoring players this week to actually enjoy watching our games this season.  Otherwise it’s going to be a slog, both watching the games and looking at the table afterwards 

Our chances of staying up are massively reduced if he gets sold now, so, yes, keep him till the end of the season and, if he then leaves on a free transfer, so be it. 

He’s still an integral and key member of the team, even if only in the short term - and by that I mean till the end of this season.

If he leaves for free at the end of the season, at least we’ve then got a window of opportunity to get a replacement in, which we don’t have if he leaves in the next day or so.

3 hours ago, Andrew6666 said:

Sell.

If its £1m then sell. Age is against him and us, his contract is up soon, potential to walk away for free.

Absolutely bizarre. 

One of only two players in our squad capable of opening teams up from midfield. hardly misses games through injury and the manager deems him important enough to be our captain this season.

The Peterborough owner said this week that the difference in TV money alone between the Championship and the lower leagues is now around £7-8M per season and you want to dramatically increase our chances of being relegated for the sake of £1M.  

4 hours ago, Prince said:

Let him go if the offer is substantial and we can look for an attacking Midfielder who plays in the oppositions half and not ours.

We need the cash and he will walk for free in the summer.

The cash we would get from staying up is far more than the money we would get for a 30-year-old with a few months left on his contract, sell him and watch us wither away to League One with no ball retention at all in midfield, we find it hard enough as it is with him!

When do you suggest we find this replacement given that we have 2 days until the transfer window shuts and are hardly in prime position to corner the market? 

problem purely is no chance of getting replacement in at last min. if we had a 3 million bid in summer id have sold him . izzy brown has a very bad record regards keeping fit ,didnt he spend nearly the entire season at leeds injured . be a miracle if we stop up ,no side can get 60 points unless they have goalscorers in side,we have none.