Positive signings at just the right time

Over the years you've been watching Wednesday there have been signings of players that came just at the right time to make a really positive impact 

Players who we signed who came to the club and immediately lifted the place and made a huge impact (no matter what position they played)

Who are the ones you remember?

Owlstalk Shop

Michel Antonio just what we needed at the time and ultimately played a big part in getting us promoted.

Add to that I think someone at Sky wanted us promoted as we always seem to kick off before the United games which helped to heap more pressure on them because we just kept winning.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Michel Antonio just what we needed at the time and ultimately played a big part in getting us promoted.

Add to that I think someone at Sky wanted us promoted as we always seem to kick off before the United games which helped to heap more pressure on them because we just kept winning.

Good call - very  good answer in fact

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Over the years you've been watching Wednesday there have been signings of players that came just at the right time to make a really positive impact 

Players who we signed who came to the club and immediately lifted the place and made a huge impact (no matter what position they played)

Who are the ones you remember?

Kenwyn Jones, didn't impact the situation but gave us fans a real lift

• Like 5

Just now, room0035 said:

I though it would be a better one than Guy Whittingham lol

Some of the reserve type strikers we've had in the past (Whittingham, Jemson) were very understated I think

They seemed to do a great job when called upon

Although they would never be described as groundbreaking or impact signings I think they were strong backup players

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Some of the reserve type strikers we've had in the past (Whittingham, Jemson) were very understated I think

They seemed to do a great job when called upon

Although they would never be described as groundbreaking or impact signings I think they were strong backup players

Whittingham was a swop deal for Taylor who went on to have a great career at Villa but Whittingham came in when we needed something extra up front and scored a few vital goals before Pleat made him into a worker midfielder.

He helped us out of the bottom 6 in the Premier league when he came and in todays football that would be worth £100m.

Got to be Sheridan like lanzarotte said. The whole team just gelled once he came and he was such an important player for us. It wasn’t that he was the best player in the side it was like fitting the final piece to an engine that not only made it work but made it purr like a Ferrari 

• Like 2