Sheffield Wednesday games on Pay Per View this season

On 11/10/2020 at 18:06, @owlstalk said:

It was stated by another club that around 10% of their normal matchday attendance watched the games on IFollow Pay Per View so that's quite a few missing as you can imagine.

Something is putting fans off watching the games on PPV on Ifollow

Are  you watching all of them, some of them,  or none at all?

Would be  good to hear everyone's feedback

ALSO

Would you buy a season ticket to watch all of the games home and away and if so how much do you think it should cost for one?

It just isn't the same experience. 

It's not even the same experience as watching a televised match with actual fans in attendance.  It doesn't feel as urgent somehow. Like a training match. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, owlinexile said:

It just isn't the same experience. 

It's not even the same experience as watching a televised match with actual fans in attendance.  It doesn't feel as urgent somehow. Like a training match. 

yer i so agree , like  a lot im losing interest , attending fans are no longer important it seems as long as they get most of there cash(premier league) from tv . there is an enclosed circus in sheffield what you can attend yet for some unknown reason we cant attend games even at a much reduced capacity , thousands can attend meadowhall supermarkets , thousands of students can swarm west street and still can continue to do so. just dont get any of it. 

Guest Grandad

Watched the first few but really CBA now

Would much rather pay £5 to go watch my local side in the Northern Counties East League

Can stand with your pint watching the match.

And it's live football, outside, with people there.

What's not to like?

On 12/10/2020 at 09:32, Quist said:

I have watched every game this season. The standard on ifollow has improved considerably along with reliabilityhavehad no issues this seasonexcept in first game when no commentary was provided first half. The away games use BBC radio Sheffield commentary so you get Brian Laws and for home games you have Pearson and O'Neil. The fans are obviously a miss and atmosphere is not going to be same. However you can here the coaches shouting instructions at the players and found it interesting listening to Andrew Hughes bellowing at players. They now put highlights of first half on at half time. Agree more could be done with pre and after game interviews with manager.

For those who live a fair distance away from Hillborough think £10 viewing is good option. I have season ticket but live 3.5 hours travel away. Not having to sit in a car for a lengthy period does help and on horrible days the option is worthwhile.

Forthose who travel to away games (and we have quite a few) think option of viewing by ifollow is really good. The club get virtually no funds from away games in normal situation howevere we keep 100% of revenue for everyone who watches on ifollow. As pointed out before club recieves no money from watching games by other means.

There is a good case for an ifollow away season ticket which would avoid having to pay for each game.

If you want a club in your area it needs your support and if you can afford to watch games using  ifollow think this should be done. Circumvent paying to watch games will just lead to demise of clubs.

Good post that mate, £10 off the price paid for the season ticket is reasonable in my opinion. It is by no means the same as being in the ground but that's beyond our control right now. I thought it was a bit off when some prominent national journalists felt outraged on fans behalf at the recent decision to charge £15 for PL matches not otherwise televised - they tell us it is the best league in the world so £15 can't be that bad when Championship fans are having to pay £10 for our matches. 

Are you sure we get 100% of the revenue for away games bought on I-follow in the current circumstances though? I'd be surprised if the EFL aren't taking a chunk. 

24 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Undecided about the next game, I think I’d rather watch the goals going in on Sky.

Id probably feel different if we were any good.

Wishful thinking! Monkmanface

41 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Would much rather pay £5 to go watch my local side in the Northern Counties East League

What's not to like?

I'd rather watch Wednesday on i-follow  than an amateur team I have little or no connection to, its only like watching a game on tv really.

If I wanted to I could wander down the local park every weekend with a few cans and watch the dog and duck for free.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd rather watch Wednesday on i-follow  than an amateur team I have little or no connection to, its only like watching a game on tv really.

If I wanted to I could wander down the local park every weekend with a few cans and watch the dog and duck for free.

I keep misreading this.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Good post that mate, £10 off the price paid for the season ticket is reasonable in my opinion. It is by no means the same as being in the ground but that's beyond our control right now. I thought it was a bit off when some prominent national journalists felt outraged on fans behalf at the recent decision to charge £15 for PL matches not otherwise televised - they tell us it is the best league in the world so £15 can't be that bad when Championship fans are having to pay £10 for our matches. 

Are you sure we get 100% of the revenue for away games bought on I-follow in the current circumstances though? I'd be surprised if the EFL aren't taking a chunk. 

Yes I amcertain we get 100% of revenue from pay per view. I was told by Director level at EFL club. This means if people watch away games in same numbers asgo to games we will not be hit ashard as some teams. I have tried to encourage folks to watch as club needs asmuch helpas possible at this time.

24 minutes ago, Quist said:

Yes I amcertain we get 100% of revenue from pay per view. I was told by Director level at EFL club. This means if people watch away games in same numbers asgo to games we will not be hit ashard as some teams. I have tried to encourage folks to watch as club needs asmuch helpas possible at this time.

Might be different in different leagues, but the Colchester Chairman says that for the first 500 passes bought by the away side, all the revenue goes to the home side.

I copied the below from twtd.co.uk an Ipswich forum:

The revenue split is explained a bit here. What this doesn’t do, is tell you how much from the £10 goes to the clubs themselves as it surely won’t be the full £10. My guess would be around half.

EDIT: Further in the article he says Bolton will have made £14,600 for their share of 1,752 passes. That works out at about £8 going to the club for every pass. Seems like more then I would’ve expected!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-ifollow

Colchester United chairman Robbie Cowling has now explained how the revenue brought in via supporters purchasing iFollow passes is distributed to clubs.

Cowling said that at present, home teams keep all revenue from passes bought via their website, as well as the first 500 bought via the away team.

In the case of Saturday's match against Bolton, Colchester sold 452 passes while Wanderers sold 2,252 - more than four times that of the U's.

Cowling has explained that as a result, Bolton made more money from the streaming passes compared to Colchester, and also generated more revenue than had the away match for Wanderers taken place under normal circumstances with supporters in stadiums.

The Colchester chairman has also speculated that if the streaming figures are replicated across 23 away games this season, Wanderers could be in line for receiving some £345,000.

13 hours ago, Grandad said:

What's not to like?

Freezing Cold Weather? 🥶

On 14/10/2020 at 10:27, @owlstalk said:

I for one do not believe this for a second

I was told it by a very good source in an email. For confidentiality can not name the source but can only say what I was told. I was also led to believe we get the money when our fans log into watch away games. This is supported by the fact that many Championship clubs did not agree to have games screened by away side when they were at home as it would result in loss or=f revenue. 

3 minutes ago, Quist said:

I was told it by a very good source in an email. For confidentiality can not name the source but can only say what I was told. I was also led to believe we get the money when our fans log into watch away games. This is supported by the fact that many Championship clubs did not agree to have games screened by away side when they were at home as it would result in loss or=f revenue. 

Might be different in different leagues, but the Colchester Chairman says that for the first 500 passes bought by the away side, all the revenue goes to the home side.

The revenue split is explained a bit here. What this doesn’t do, is tell you how much from the £10 goes to the clubs themselves as it surely won’t be the full £10. My guess would be around half.

EDIT: Further in the article he says Bolton will have made £14,600 for their share of 1,752 passes. That works out at about £8 going to the club for every pass. Seems like more then I would’ve expected!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/efl-ifollow

Colchester United chairman Robbie Cowling has now explained how the revenue brought in via supporters purchasing iFollow passes is distributed to clubs.

Cowling said that at present, home teams keep all revenue from passes bought via their website, as well as the first 500 bought via the away team.

In the case of Saturday's match against Bolton, Colchester sold 452 passes while Wanderers sold 2,252 - more than four times that of the U's.

Cowling has explained that as a result, Bolton made more money from the streaming passes compared to Colchester, and also generated more revenue than had the away match for Wanderers taken place under normal circumstances with supporters in stadiums.

The Colchester chairman has also speculated that if the streaming figures are replicated across 23 away games this season, Wanderers could be in line for receiving some £345,000.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Good post , what stands out to me is Bolton are a well supported club and yet the revenue from away games wouldn't pay the salaries of 2 very average footballers

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Geedee said:

Good post , what stands out to me is Bolton are a well supported club and yet the revenue from away games wouldn't pay the salaries of 2 very average footballers

See latest Owls statement about revenue from ifollow.

21 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Owls statement about illegal usage of streams has indicated we get 100% of cash from ifollow.