Sheffield Wednesday games on Pay Per View this season

Maybe I'm tight, I would prefer to buy maybe like a 5 game pass for a discount. Also I dont have a laptop or tablet so it would be on my phone. I feel like forking out 10 quid only to be able to watch it on my phone is abit pricey. 

Maybe they should get some sort of app deal with sky Q or smart TV so you could just watch it straight on your TV.

• Like 2

I do like the idea of being able to get an away ifollow season ticket.

The away games have become an almost closed shop with the priority points. I don't object to that policy but it shuts out quite a few fans that would like to see a game but can't.

Plus home midweek games should continue to be available. The tenner is peanuts compared to the 30 quid in fuel and the couple of hours off work (and a post midnight arrive home time)

I don't get why 10 quid is deemed too expensive 

Are people loathe to pay for any content these days but probably be happy to spend twice that on a pizza delivery 

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

not missed a game and had no probs with the service .....the no pre match build  up and  half time discussion is a massive plus  

Always felt we have missed a trick (in the days when fans were allowed in) to have a proper pre match presenter beamed on the screen, that could then be broadcast on ifollow at the same time 

There are a number of reasons i havent bothered:

Poor experiences with ifollow before.

loss of exitement with football with the way it is run by EFL/Premier league.

Irritation with the way the club has been run and the -12 point handicap.

No refund for last season yet while the club signs new players on more money a month than I earn in two years as an experienced  nurse working my nuts off.

Lack of banter and the match day experience.

Unable to justify requesting matchdays off to watch a match devoid of atmosphere on TV.

Basically im suffering a loss of mojo, i hope it is only temporary.

8 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I don't get why 10 quid is deemed too expensive 

Are people loathe to pay for any content these days but probably be happy to spend twice that on a pizza delivery 

I've paid for Now TV a few times in the past so I can watch Wednesday games that are on Sky, and that gets you 24 hours of Sky Sports for a tenner (it was a few quid less last year or the year before). You can watch it on two devices as well, meaning that you can share your login with a family member or a friend and split the cost to a fiver each.

For effectively half the price, you're not only getting far better coverage of the Wednesday game, with pre-match, half-time, and post-match analysis, but you can watch at least one if not two other games as well, plus whatever other programmes Sky have on that day on any of their sports channels.

£10 to watch a game on ifollow doesn't seem great value in comparison to that.

• Like 1

Just now, mkowl said:

Always felt we have missed a trick (in the days when fans were allowed in) to have a proper pre match presenter beamed on the screen, that could then be broadcast on ifollow at the same time 

nah not for me .......i have a strong dislike of the build up to games on tv and even bigger one at half time .

1 minute ago, clud17 said:

There are a number of reasons i havent bothered:

Poor experiences with ifollow before.

loss of exitement with football with the way it is run by EFL/Premier league.

Irritation with the way the club has been run and the -12 point handicap.

No refund for last season yet while the club signs new players on more money a month than I earn in two years as an experienced  nurse working my nuts off.

Lack of banter and the match day experience.

Unable to justify requesting matchdays off to watch a match devoid of atmosphere on TV.

Basically im suffering a loss of mojo, i hope it is only temporary.

This poor experience with ifollow is a funny one.

I hear it quite a bit.

I’ve had a season pass every since since it started and apart from the first ever game and a small handful inbetween then and now I’ve never experienced any issues

Fans are saying its not like being there, but you just have to be creative. Park your car a mile away and walk home.

Open your windows so a freezing draft comes in.   Get the bloke next door to come in... Give him a plastic seat and sit him in front of you.  Tell him to stand up and obstruct your view whenever anything exciting happens. Also he has to shout obscenities every couple of minutes.  Get the wife to make a bovril and bake you a halftime pie. Make sure she serves both cold just as the players are coming out for halftime.  And charge you £7.  

For your halftime pee, go out in the cold and use the wall behind the shed. 

After the game, walk back to where you parked, cussing and cursing and muttering 'never again' along the way.

If that's not the match experience I don't know what is. 

Works for me.  I've seen every lge and cup game so far. Saved a packet.  

Edited by Lincs Owl
  • Haha 8