Sheffield Wednesday games on Pay Per View this season

It was stated by another club that around 10% of their normal matchday attendance watched the games on IFollow Pay Per View so that's quite a few missing as you can imagine.

Something is putting fans off watching the games on PPV on Ifollow

Are  you watching all of them, some of them,  or none at all?

Would be  good to hear everyone's feedback

ALSO

Would you buy a season ticket to watch all of the games home and away and if so how much do you think it should cost for one?

Owlstalk Shop

I do watch on Ifollow because I want to see the action and how we are playing.

I think the quality is OK - would prefer it nearer broadcast standard than what we get 

Even so it still does not feel quite right - even compared to watching on Sky. Not sure if its the lack of crowd, or what really.

I can understand why others give it a miss 

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It was stated by another club that around 10% of their normal matchday attendance watched the games on IFollow Pay Per View so that's quite a few missing as you can imagine.

Something is putting fans off watching the games on PPV on Ifollow

Are  you watching all of them, some of them,  or none at all?

Would be  good to hear everyone's feedback

ALSO

Would you buy a season ticket to watch all of the games home and away and if so how much do you think it should cost for one?

I struggle to get to Hillsborough living in Manchester and having a little one. It being on PPV means I can now watch the majority of games.

• Like 1

I watched the QPR game, because it was raining. I didn’t particularly enjoy it, but the coverage was of a decent standard.

I’ll watch the rest of the home games, more to stick a tenner into the club than anything else.

I’d still rather be in the New Barrack before the game and freezing cold and miserable during it.

Like others have said it’s not the same as a live game.

Everyone has their own routine, group they go with etc.

What football clubs probably don’t realise is it’s those things that are the main driver of getting fans to games. What’s on the pitch is usually a close 2nd to the overall day at best. Many people even say the game spoils a good away day. 

The diluted down game only on a tv, laptop etc isn’t enough to feed what people are missing. Then when you factor in a cost, you lose even more interest.

• Like 3

Got a season ticket and pay for Ifollow to watch the away games. Prefer to go to the games though.

I think if Ifollow was more of a extra channel on sky you could be pay for more people would use it. Too many people carn't be arsed to work out how to connect a pc to the tv via hdmi. there loss.

• Like 1

I've paid a tenner to watch each of our games so far, but I'll have to be more selective as the season progresses - I'm not shelling out £460 to watch our games from home!

As others have said, the coverage leaves a lot to be desired - there's usually little in the way of pre-match discussion, and half-time analysis is overlooked in favour of looping the same dreadful music for quarter of an hour.

I watched Leeds' own coverage of one of our games against them last season and it was fantastic - they had a proper presenter and analyst who discussed the teams in detail during the build-up, half-time, and post-match periods. Compared to what we get on ifollow, it was streets ahead.

I usually buy a membership card as I can only make our weekend games. If prices were reasonable, I'd jump at the chance to buy an online season ticket so I could watch our away games plus any midweek matches.

What the EFL need to realise is that having access to the games on TV won't stop us wanting to follow our team in person. There have been plenty of games over the years that have been on Sky, but I still turned up to Hillsborough, as it's by far the best way to support the team.

Watching on TV will always be a backup option.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I'd be at every game in the flesh as usual. Never paid for I-follow yet though, I've either watched a stream or couldn't be arsed at all.

Maybe if it was actually worth watching... 

Me too. I've always said that the crowd is the most important thing. Without a crowd you might as well watch a park game.

• Like 2

I've paid and watched all games so far and intend to do so for the foreseeable future. 

I don't think football is football without fans. That said, my position is slightly hypocritical as it's a 6 hr round trip for me to attend a home game, so I generally try to get to 6-10 per season and potg. 

In an ideal world we'd have fans at games and I'd be more than happy to pay for a stream for games. I'd certainly buy an season ticket pass to watch all games.

• Like 1