England vs Belgium

He's lost the plot!

Why keep picking Walker at centre back? Coady should be playing.

No left footer on the left wing back, Saka at least should be starting!

And how does Mount get in before Sancho or Grealish? Mount must be Southgates secret love child!

He dropped the ball before the match anyway by not having Foden and Greenwood in?

We seriously have some fantastic talent, especially attacking wise and Southgate is playing defensive dull football!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Maguire starting after the torrid time he’s had at United.

Grealish left out after arguably being the 2 best English player this season and, a MOM performance Thursday.

Trippier at LWB? Honeymoon period is well and truly over. Same old big club players taking priority. 

Coady, Grealish and Saka should all be starting today.

If we are serious about winning a major trophy the likes of Pickford, Trippier, Dier, Rice, Henderson and Calvert Lewin aren’t quite good enough for this level.

First picks for me would be Henderson in the net and Grealish in the middle. Both have the character to step up a level. 

I’d also run with Greenwood alongside Kane and get them used to each other.  

Just now, vulva said:

If we are serious about winning a major trophy the likes of Pickford, Trippier, Dier, Rice, Henderson and Calvert Lewin aren’t quite good enough for this level.

First picks for me would be Henderson in the net and Grealish in the middle. Both have the character to step up a level. 

How can you pick Henderson over Pope? 

Calvert-Lewin is the form player of the season so far, deserves to play and has attributes suited to top level internationals, gives us a very good outlet. 

• Like 1

Just now, fudge27 said:

How can you pick Henderson over Pope? 

Calvert-Lewin is the form player of the season so far, deserves to play and has attributes suited to top level internationals, gives us a very good outlet. 

Henderson has got that personality for the top level. He will win a bag loads of caps. Fair point on CL, but Kane is a better centre forward, at the minute. Belgium have picked their best side. I don’t understand why we haven’t. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Henderson has got that personality for the top level. He will win a bag loads of caps. Fair point on CL, but Kane is a better centre forward, at the minute. Belgium have picked their best side. I don’t understand why we haven’t. 

Oh I agree Kane is world class, I'd play him off of Calvert Lewin see how that works, use 2 of Sancho, Rashford, Sterling and Greenwood from wide areas, with Grealish and Maddison behind Kane for the number 10 role

Allows us to use Henderson. And Rice and have a more progressive midfield, while protecting the defence better against better teams

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Im sorry but Henderson is phenomenal. 

Rice is a young man with the potential to go to the top. There’s literally nobody else who could replace him in this current squad.

Henderson first choice for England but can’t get a game for his club and, Pope has better stats last season?

By all means be outraged at certain things but, Henderson, Pope and rice are the least of our worries.

8 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

I have to be honest, I don't watch any Premier league football so I have no idea if this is good or bad. 

What would people prefer over this lineup? 

4-2-3-1

Pope 

TAA

Gomes

Coady

Chilwell

Henderson 

Rice

Rashford 

Grealish

Sancho

Calvert Lewin

(as Kane, Oxlade and Sterling are Injured) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

He's lost the plot!

Why keep picking Walker at centre back? Coady should be playing.

No left footer on the left wing back, Saka at least should be starting!

And how does Mount get in before Sancho or Grealish? Mount must be Southgates secret love child!

He dropped the ball before the match anyway by not having Foden and Greenwood in?

We seriously have some fantastic talent, especially attacking wise and Southgate is playing defensive dull football!

No we don't we have plenty of individuals that look decent on a good day in a poor league but them days are few and far between We have a very mediocre squad. Expect Belguim to win in a canter