Breaking- Premier league re structure

4 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Good to see the EFL hold the interests of the PL top 6 in higher regard than their own members. This stance is also completely at odds with the Premier League too.

Sick of the EFL and Parry. We spend to try to compete with the parachute clubs and get fined. Now this time for the clubs to tell the EFL to do one and sort it themselves.

8 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Am I right but this feels like blackmail.  Don't look too deeply into it just take our handouts.

Is this approach to business normal in America.

The backlash is going to be interesting.

I think some of the lower EFL clubs will see the need for cash as priority and sell their souls as a result 

It is a very cynical approach by the big 6 clubs 

2 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Sick of the EFL and Parry. We spend to try to compete with the parachute clubs and get fined. Now this time for the clubs to tell the EFL to do one and sort it themselves.

How on earth can EFL leadership put this out when the member clubs have not been consulted? 

This well and truly stinks, is a power play by parry to get big clubs agenda through by holding the clubs to ransom at a time of crisis 

His comments re Huddersfield were an absolute disgrace to be making whilst bin his position at EFL

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Unless he was employed to deliver this project 

That is entirely possible but I can't see the EFL (I should add a fully compos mentis EFL) stipulating that it included the "total control" of the big 9 or the emphasis on increasing the ability to loan players and therefore encourage even more stockpiling and the consequent inflation of wages and transfer fees.

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Unless he was employed to deliver this project 

A cynic would suggest that was the case

I am a cynic 

2 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

That is entirely possible but I can't see the EFL (I should add a fully compos mentis EFL) stipulating that it included the "total control" of the big 9 or the emphasis on increasing the ability to loan players and therefore encourage even more stockpiling and the consequent inflation of wages and transfer fees.

How will they decided the top 9, can see about 10 clubs outside the top 4 wanting to be in there.... could be nasty

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

Which is the concern.... what was the original brief that has turned into this sh*t show??

I hope democracy works if this type of idea goes to a vote of clubs

Problem with vote is that many clubs are in crisis so would likely vote for it under duress, which is why it reeks.

Also parry wouldn't be happy after his "why should Huddersfield get same vote as man utd" comments earlier

8 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Why would dropping 2 places benefit anyone at the top? Do they just want to play fewer games 

4 games saved per season, plus no League Cup or Charity Shield.

Yes, they want to play fewer games.

...... and when the PL is totally controlled by Manure and the dippers, further changes will come.

Time to separate from the PL or succumb to their wishes?

Good timing by the PL knowing the FL are on their ars*s financially.

Horrible for football in general.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

4 games saved per season, plus no League Cup or Charity Shield.

Yes, they want to play fewer games.

...... and when the PL is totally controlled by Manure and the dippers, further changes will come.

Time to separate from the PL or succumb to their wishes?

Good timing by the PL knowing the FL are on their ars*s financially.

Horrible for football in general.

As soon as get in power big clubs will fill with lucrative overseas tour's, then will make rule changes to hold games abroad & facilitate a European super League.

3 minutes ago, scram said:

Football as a business is absolutely hateful - totally and utterly

This is what total unregulated capitalism looks like.  Makes me want to vomit.

Surely the hundreds of thousands of lower league fans will have their say

Unless their desperation for money makes them turn their eyes away.

• Like 2