Breaking- Premier league re structure

3 hours ago, trev said:

I quite like the idea of including the Scottish/Welsh teams into our leagues in a British 4 league system. Inc Cups.

Not sure if Celtic and Rangers would go for it though, do you think they would?

Let the big 6 ******** off to be a NFL style euro super league.

The rest of us can recreate football to be for the fans a bit more. Hopefully.

Yes I think they will they are the two teams that have the potential to compete at championship and it would add more revenue in a competitive league 

Swansea, Cardiff rangers and Celtic would make a uk based league more interesting and give god forbid one wins it gives their nation bragging rights 

all 4 teams could easily find the right formula to win the league as is the competitive edge the championship brings 

people will talk about travel distance other countries travel much further 

plus the lower teams could go in to local national conference division think we do this currently in England any way 

the league would need to find a solution to fund such journeys and maybe more tiers and less congestion would nullify the daft Saturday, Tuesday Saturday fixtures 

maybe 

championship top 2/ 3 Europe qualification 

league one 

league two 
possible league three 

national Scottish conference 

national Scottish conference 1 etc

national English conference 

English conference north 

English conference south 

national welsh conference 

keep the lower budget teams competitive at local level but a chance to be promoted to a more competitive league 

Uk cup (Everyone ) Europe qualification 

league cup ( league cups ) Europe qualification 

conference cup (conference teams ) 

let’s get football interesting bring it’s heritage back and give teams and fans something to go for 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Ultimately if people were THAT angry/disgusted at what the Premier League gets up to they could cancel their Sky Sports subscription

If they're that angry about it will they do that?

It's not just the sports channels mate, the lads sky package without sports has nearly trebled since the bigger TV deal for the premier league .

Ordinary customer's are subsiding the sports channels , just kick sky fully into touch. 

7 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

What a flipping two hat Parry is. Ludicrous appointing him in the first place, a long standing former chairman of a league club would make far more sense. Whoever is in that position should fight against the Premier League, not help them. 

Well, the key is to get a strong English league. On some things the EFL and EPL will have similar objectives but on others not. Parry is simply attempting to further his own ends. In reality there needs to be independent scrutiny of decision making across football. It is at a crisis point with the very fabric of the game being pulled apart for Chinese fans.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

Just heard whoever did the England game on talksport, saying Perry should be sacked for agreeing to the proposal forthwith and they've been up his backside since he got the job. 

I bet he was appointed with a view to making this happen though

I bet this was the plan all along and why he was recruited to the job

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, No Uniform said:

He as good as admits it here. https://www.efl.com/news/2020/october/efl-statement-project-big-picture/ plus absolutely disses Huddersfield here as well. He is a disgrace.

Screenshot_20201011-180920_Twitter.jpg

Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham, Arsenal and Southampton would not even be in the Football League if the original members had a "bigger" vote than other teams and pulled up the drawbridge like they want the power to do. Liverpool, Chelsea and West Ham didn't even exist when the Football League was founded.

They have all had the benefit of one team one vote when they were "ordinary" teams. Nobody associated with football should think it is a good idea to give all the voting power to a handful of clubs. To think this is being supported by the chairman of the EFL is a disgrace.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I bet he was appointed with a view to making this happen though

I bet this was the plan all along and why he was recruited to the job

That will be why he has always criticised parachute payments. He can now say that this proposal eradicates them. Giving the power to the 9 clubs is too big a price to pay for what will probably become a closed shop in a few years time.

I've read the full proposal as quoted on this thread and if the financial aspects (I admit I have no idea about  viability) of it re bailing out and protecting lower league clubs and grass roots it would be ok apart from giving 9 clubs the power to change the competition. I liked to think at first that this part of the deal was an opening gambit by the 9 clubs and not the EFL's (Rick Parry's) idea but the quote about Huddersfield having a smaller say than Man Utd really stinks.

Edited by the mighty wednesday

56 minutes ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

It's not just the sports channels mate, the lads sky package without sports has nearly trebled since the bigger TV deal for the premier league .

Ordinary customer's are subsiding the sports channels , just kick sky fully into touch. 

Sky is a ripoff- plenty of competition out there now.

The golf and cricket coverage is first class, can’t fault it.

The fact that they have Neville and Carragher on their flagship football shows shows how low they have sunk with football. 

Unfortunately they package it all as one.

1 hour ago, lt109 said:

just had another thought, they could move the Berties to Saudi, Leicester to Thailand, Man City to the UAE, Chelsea to Russia etc etc, we could all have Burnley as our second team

Ever watched the movie? The Inbetweeners?

Well Burnley can **** off lol