Breaking- Premier league re structure

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

Sadly there may be enough of them over a barrel financially due to COVID that they have no choice.

It's essentially up to the Blunts and Brightons of this world to put a stop to this madness.

They probably won't though as maybe  a gift would help them .

51 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Looking at parachute payments; TV money, P&S and the proposed reduction of top flight clubs, it could be around 5 years until we can compete again for top 6 and it could be at least a decade or longer until we can finally go back up.

The way football is going though, I don't see us going up again in my lifetime. Some of our fans will never have seen us in the top flight and might never do. Even if we do eventually go back up, we won't be able to compete like we did in the past and we'll struggle to stay up or make up the numbers at best, like you said. 

I’ll never accept we’re destined for mediocrity and nothing else, what’s the point of supporting your team if there is no hope of progress.

We are always one good season away from that division.

5 years ago nobody would have given Wolves a chance, look where they are now. 
UTO

• Like 1

Let’s be honest, now Leeds are up the big teams will take them in. As that’s the big Yorkshire club sky sports spaff over. 

They want it to go all American, and next step will be universities doing working with clubs for scholarships (unis need the money now there are no international students)

Uni teams will takeover interest of Efl clubs, and mix with the B teams.

Its all very believable that will happen, and top teams won’t care about UK fans, they want worldwide fans where the money is. 

Sadly I just can’t see it stopping with the way sky encourage it.

23 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I’ll never accept we’re destined for mediocrity and nothing else, what’s the point of supporting your team if there is no hope of progress.

UTO

That's just it though.  They don't WANT you to support your team.  They don't want there to be any hope of progress.  The Americans that own Man Utd and Liverpool don't understand why you won't just switch to supporting your nearest 'Big Franchise'. 

Give it a bit longer and they will be moving the Magic Nine around for optimal geographic coverage. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

That's just it though.  They don't WANT you to support your team.  They don't want there to be any hope of progress.  The Americans that own Man Utd and Liverpool don't understand why you won't just switch to supporting your nearest 'Big Franchise'. 

Give it a bit longer and they will be moving the Magic Nine around for optimal geographic coverage. 

They could move Man United down to London closer to their fans

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You joke, but the next logical step is 'Why does Liverpool need TWO teams?  Why not move Everton to Leeds, Birmingham or Sheffield since none of them have PROPER soccerball franchises?' 

Edited by owlinexile
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

UTO

Next season we might be two good seasons away

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Next season we might be two good seasons away

Even more than that with TV money, P&S and parachute payments, along with years of poor recruitment or poor long term planning. On and off the field we're realistically near 5 years away from it now and that will probably increase not decrease, if the top flight is reduced and TV money increases or parachute payments.

To be honest, I have given up hope of ever seeing us back up in the top flight during my lifetime. We'll never be as good as we were in the 80s or 90s during my childhood. Our younger fans will never have seen us in the top flight and probably never will. Football is as good as over as a competitive sport as far as I'm concerned it's not the same game anymore and just a business for the top greediest clubs. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hold on a minute. I’ve got a mate who supports Man U. A proper northerner, born bred and still living in York. 

Goes to at least 2 Europa League games a season, spent 60 sovs on a pink away shirt for his daughter and had Rashford has his captain in FFP. 

:duntmatter:

image.png

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Hold on a minute. I’ve got a mate who supports Man U. A proper northerner, born bred and still living in York. 

Goes to at least 2 Europa League games a season, spent 60 sovs on a pink away shirt for his daughter and had Rashford has his captain in FFP. 

:duntmatter:

image.png

image.jpeg

Didn’t mean to add the silly faces on, soz.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Just read the EFL response and I'm absolutely speechless. Surely the EFL clubs aren't going to vote for this are they? 

What do you expect when the EFL Chairman is a supporter & former CEO of Liverpool FC & the original CEO of the Premier League.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1