Breaking- Premier league re structure

2 hours ago, striker said:

Let them go and be a stand alone league IMO. PL is not football, the FA could assign a European place to the winner of the championship if they wanted to and greater autonomy to the EFL, cup competitions. A league comprising 72 teams, plus non league rather than just 20.

If the PL want to reduce numbers, the admission price for the two teams without a league to play in starts at £1bn surely. 

To sell the integrity of the entire football league ecosystem for £250m is pitiful, but not surprising from Parry.

The big six have carved up the money up so much, and are so arrogant they probably think they don’t need opponents!

Time for the EFL and FA to tell the “ PREMIER LEAGUE” , to ******** off. 

• Like 2

A gift of one teams share for 1 year whilst proposing to reduce the number by 2. Its not even well covered up. Rick parry needs booting now. Is he elected? How can the EFL clubs come together to get rid of of a man in charge of their organisation who quite clearly doesn't have their interest at heart? 

4 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

The big six have carved up the money up so much, and are so arrogant they probably think they don’t need opponents!

Time for the EFL and FA to tell the “ PREMIER LEAGUE” , to ******** off. 

We've allowed one of the head guys of the Premier league to run the EFL! It's an absolute disgrace. I'm actually at Dave Allen ere levels of anger towards this 

Edited by TheGaffer

26 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Why would you include the Scottish and Welsh leagues? The football league being too big is part of the problem this batshit idea is trying to resolve. Besides celtic and rangers will probably end up in the other league if uefa allowed cross border competition and I really don't fancy watching us get trounced by tyrfer myffil or some other tinpot village outside of England. 

Just think it would be something a bit different. Increase the interest a bit. 

I think games against the Scottish teams would be decent for atmosphere. 

4 minutes ago, trev said:

Just think it would be something a bit different. Increase the interest a bit. 

I think games against the Scottish teams would be decent for atmosphere. 

That's fair enough but that's what preseason and internationals are for for me. It costs enough trying travelling as it is never mind a midweek to Aberdeen! 🙂

39 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

True, but they tend to play second strings in those games anyway. Losing a couple of teams only saves a few games and presumably that de values the main product in some way. I never really got their issue as they only have 38 league games and it’s 46 in the EFL plus cups with a fraction of the budget. First world problems 🙂

Made more sense when Bolton tried to close the league off.

Is it partly down to protecting players from ‘burn out’.  Wouldn’t want them to suffer, not on those wages, with all that free medical care.... 

I’m about to rant..

WTF:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

That's fair enough but that's what preseason and internationals are for for me. It costs enough trying travelling as it is never mind a midweek to Aberdeen! 🙂

Yeah not great for away fans fair one.

Maybe just the cups then?

You do realise the majority of those big 9 clubs are mostly the very same clubs that brought about the formation of the Premier League in the first place? The Premier League was formed out of pure greed for extra TV money. At the time, the top clubs/richest clubs back then were threatening to leave the old Football League four division pyramid and to join a European Super League. Instead the old top flight and European Cup were rebranded. Every year since, the very same top, richest and elite clubs have craved s bigger slice of the pie.

It's motivated by pure greed and nothing else, they already get more money than the rest of the clubs and yet they want more. Whilst football carried on without fans, ordinary people struggle to survive and smaller clubs face going out of business. The Premier League and elite clubs have shown time and time again, that they don't give a fizz about ordinary people; the fans, history and tradition.

It's just want business to them. It's time to boot Parry out, restructure the governing bodies not the football pyramid, help the smaller clubs and to tell the elite clubs to leave if they want and if they ever wanted to rejoin to start from the bottom or never let them back in. It's either that or time to jack it in and the way I feel about modern football, nowadays, I wouldn't blame any fans wanting to give up football entirely because it stopped being a sport a long time ago. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

Why would you wish this?

I want to see Wednesday in the premier League as one of the big clubs not an also ran or, as you are proposing, irrelevant.

If we get promoted we will be an also ran, no chance of winning the league and a slight chance of winning a cup

Just there to make the fixtures up as at least half the teams are already, but still losing money every year just to achieve this

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ultimately if people were THAT angry/disgusted at what the Premier League gets up to they could cancel their Sky Sports subscription

If they're that angry about it will they do that?

Not had sky sports ever and only had sky itself for 1 year due to the ex being a towie and all that testicles fan.

Would love and an update to Adrian Tempenys, and the sun shines now, book. We don't come out great and there's a few things that I don't think are accurate, however post 2015 makes it look like used car salesman to what the Premier league has become. 

Edited by TheGaffer
  • Love 1

Just now, the third man said:

If we get promoted we will be an also ran, no chance of winning the league and a slight chance of winning a cup

Just there to make the fixtures up as at least half the teams are already, but still losing money every year just to achieve this

Just now, the third man said:

There is always the Leicester factor. Sooner or later in a reduces league one of the Nine will get relegated making room for for another to join the top nine. I have seen Liverpool, Man U and Man City in the second division in my lifetime so don't think that theses teams will prosper come what may.

Just now, mark1948 said:

There is always the Leicester factor. Sooner or later in a reduces league one of the Nine will get relegated making room for for another to join the top nine. I have seen Liverpool, Man U and Man City in the second division in my lifetime so don't think that theses teams will prosper come what may.

So have i, but it wont happen again, the PL and Sky wont allow it

Let it be a closed shop and let them stew, see how many fans of the clubs that haven't got a chance of winning anything get bored and either give up on football or swap their allegiance to a top 6 club 

its the only way football has a chance to return to how it was, if there is a chance at all

3 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

Will that ever happen though? They can if needed vote to change the rules mid season. If man u for example (happened in the 70s) got relegated, the other 5 would join them in changing relegation to one team. They are the biggest earner and defacto by this proposal so are all the 6. It's fundamentally and abhorrent suggestion that isn't sport 

6 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

As if.

There is literally no chance that one of the Super Important Nine will be allowed to be relegated.  Not when six of them could just vote to prevent it.

Edited by owlinexile
  • Like 1