Breaking- Premier league re structure

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We should do a football version of Brexit and breakaway and do our own thing

We could point to the success of the UK Brexit we're currently enjoying as the perfect model for doing so given all the huge benefits its brought us

POLITICS ALERT! POLITICS ALERT!

Mods! Ban this user... oh wait...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone bending over to pick up the small carrot being offered will feel there trousers slowly falling down around their ankles and something blunt being inserted where they don’t want it.

Absolute joke of a proposal, unless your one of the nine.........Baggins Shire

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

There’s plenty if clubs who constantly whinge about the amount of games. Several clubs seem to have little interest in the Caribou Cup and the Europa league seems to go on for ever.

True, but they tend to play second strings in those games anyway. Losing a couple of teams only saves a few games and presumably that de values the main product in some way. I never really got their issue as they only have 38 league games and it’s 46 in the EFL plus cups with a fraction of the budget. First world problems 🙂

Made more sense when Bolton tried to close the league off.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

The FA will be given £100 million as a gift 

it’s such a corrupt league 

the foundation of the football pyramid is being trampled on for nothing more than greed 

the history and heritage is being wiped out of the game by this new culture 

to be honest I wouldn’t be against a 3-4 division league structure breaking away like the we already have 

let the premier league be it’s own 10-20 trans and let’s get our game back 

no VAR domestic club cup competitions 

places for European comps granted 

effectively the championship becomes the the Premier league and they can have the power league No promotion or relegation or a one up one down process maybe even the championship winner being invited to the power league at the end of their successful campaign which they have the right to decline 

I feel sorry for teams that would just qualify to remain in it that wouldn’t be involved in the rest of the uks football let them be isolated in greed 

Christ we could have our own uk cup including Scottish and Welsh teams be the new FA cup see if the magic applies wider 

one thing we would need is a better formed and regulated governing body then those half wits EFL who already think they are god 

but let’s get our football back 

I quite like the idea of including the Scottish/Welsh teams into our leagues in a British 4 league system. Inc Cups.

Not sure if Celtic and Rangers would go for it though, do you think they would?

Let the big 6 ******** off to be a NFL style euro super league.

The rest of us can recreate football to be for the fans a bit more. Hopefully.

It's about time supporters of EFL clubs stand together and stop the dictatorship and greed of the Premier league. If all supporters of clubs outside the Premier stopped paying Sky subscriptions until they put fairer distribution of wealth down to the lower leagues.  This would be a devastating drop in revenue. I am sick of paying monthly to see my money fund clubs I don't give a ******** about. The latest proposal of having pay per view for certain games is the final straw. 

Just now, trev said:

I quite like the idea of including the Scottish/Welsh teams into our leagues in a British 4 league system. Inc Cups.

Not sure if Celtic and Rangers would go for it though, do you think they would?

Let the big 6 ******** off to be a NFL style euro super league.

The rest of us can recreate football to be for the fans a bit more. Hopefully.

Why would you include the Scottish and Welsh leagues? The football league being too big is part of the problem this batshit idea is trying to resolve. Besides celtic and rangers will probably end up in the other league if uefa allowed cross border competition and I really don't fancy watching us get trounced by tyrfer myffil or some other tinpot village outside of England. 

Need a government enquiry about this, especially around Parrys actions. We have one for everything else so can't see why not for this as it affects so many nationwide. 

Trying to push this through now, while this crisis is happening just beggars belief. Fooooook the 9 and Fooooook Parry, rhe bent two hat. 

• Thanks 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if the PL had a vote to just abolish relegation. 
Close the door and just let their clubs reap the rewards (with an obvious sweetener in a brown bag). 

I’m so sick of it now that nothing would surprise me. 

2 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Need a government enquiry about this, especially around Parrys actions. We have one for everything else so can't see why not for this as it affects so many nationwide. 

Trying to push this through now, while this crisis is happening just beggars belief. Fooooook the 9 and Fooooook Parry, rhe bent two hat. 

Can someone who's a bit more wordsmithy setup a petition to get it debated in government. 100k signatures required right? Football fans should easily hit that figure 

5 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Well the place to start would be a letter to Clive Betts, he would be your starting place. Letter or petition !

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Why would dropping 2 places benefit anyone at the top? Do they just want to play fewer games 

Because they perceive that reducing fixture congestion will give them a better chance of winning the Champions Leauge plus Premier League prize & tv money will be shared between fewer clubs.

It sounds like this proposal has just been dreamt up by Man Utd and Liverpool, and that no Premier League clubs outside the 'big 6' had any knowledge of this.

The Premier League has released a statement:

"In the Premier League's view, a number of the individual proposals in the plan published today could have a damaging impact on the whole game and we are disappointed to see that Rick Parry, chair of the EFL, has given his on-the-record support.

"The Premier League has been working in good faith with its clubs and the EFL to seek a resolution to the requirement for COVID-19 rescue funding. This work will continue."

Edited by snaykz
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Because they perceive that reducing fixture congestion will give them a better chance of winning the Champions Leauge plus Premier League prize & tv money will be shared between fewer clubs.

ok but if there are fewer games for tv then presumably tv money goes down too

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We should do a football version of Brexit and breakaway and do our own thing

We could point to the success of the UK Brexit we're currently enjoying as the perfect model for doing so given all the huge benefits its brought us

You can talk politics but we can't mmmmmm hypocrisy at it's finest. 

4 minutes ago, snaykz said:

It sounds like this proposal has just been dreamt up by Man Utd and Liverpool, and that no Premier League clubs outside the 'big 6' had any knowledge of this.

The Premier League has released a statement:

"In the Premier League's view, a number of the individual proposals in the plan published today could have a damaging impact on the whole game and we are disappointed to see that Rick Parry, chair of the EFL, has given his on-the-record support.

"The Premier League has been working in good faith with its clubs and the EFL to seek a resolution to the requirement for COVID-19 rescue funding. This work will continue."

Well said PL 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I wish the big Premier league clubs would just sod off and join a European super league and take their greed with them and let the rest of the clubs return to football as it should be. They won't be missed. 

Why would you wish this?

I want to see Wednesday in the premier League as one of the big clubs not an also ran or, as you are proposing, irrelevant.