Breaking- Premier league re structure

The amount of money swilling around in the PL is obscene as it is, yet they want more. TBH I would be more than happy for the so called Big 6, though only five have allegedly been approached, to leave the PL and the cups. It's not like they don't get enough European competition as it is, is it? Sheer greed. The game is losing contact with its roots IMO. Do fans really want this?

23 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

European super league?

I hope so...f.ook off and lets have football back

Absolutely. If we ever get to the Prem, as it stands the best we can hope for one season finishing 6th beating a couple of the big boys. Then other teams will sign our best players and every season after it’ll be a lottery where we finish, 8th - 20th every season until we go down. 

Let the traditional ‘Top 6’ bugger off and we can actually get promoted to a league we’d have a chance of competing in.

22 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

They are welcome to do it for me as long as it means they are completely excluded from all forms of domestic competition.  Let the Chinese and Arabs have their TV football and we can start the process of getting our domestic game back. 

20 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

European super league?

I hope so...f.ook off and lets have football back

6 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

The amount of money swilling around in the PL is obscene as it is, yet they want more. TBH I would be more than happy for the so called Big 6, though only five have allegedly been approached, to leave the PL and the cups. It's not like they don't get enough European competition as it is, is it? Sheer greed. The game is losing contact with its roots IMO. Do fans really want this?

I don't think this proposal means they'd be leaving the Premier League, it would be a replacement for the current Champions League, where the top clubs could earn way more than they currently do in the UEFA CL, and they'd play in the "European Premier League" in the mid week European slot. 

Basically they'd be getting what they wanted with "project big picture".... Way more money than the likes of Leicester who have threatened their league dominance 

If you listen from about 2:50 of this video, that's what he is suggesting it is... 

3 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Very disappointed it appears to mean they won't break away from the Prem, otherwise it's just a revamped version of the Champions League

Basically yeah, but the money available is apparently way more than the current UEFA CL

Screenshot_20201020_153021.jpg.6ba60372287854d259fa52a7b7f72e70.jpg

Just now, Carbone said:

Very disappointed it appears to mean they won't break away from the Prem, otherwise it's just a revamped version of the Champions League

They'll probably field a B squad for some PL matches, as they do at present in cup matches. This in turn will lead them to buying up even more players to use in their squads which will ultimately widen the gulf between them and the rest of the PL. No doubt support from the PL clubs will be bought off by the equivalent of solidarity payments. 

• Like 1

Yep, they'll treat the prem as their cup competition essentially, and rest their best players for the "European Premier League" 

Football is a pile of shiit, if it weren't for Wednesday I wouldn't give it 1 sec of my time anymore. 

• Like 1

Just have done with and make it like the NFL, that's what the American owners want.

Europe North A

Manchester United

Chelsea

Marseille

Celtic

Europe North B

Ajax

Bayern 

Liverpool

Rangers

Europe North C

Manchester City

Dortmund

Tottenham

Lyon

Europe North D

PSG

Arsenal 

Galatasaray 

PSV

Europe South A

Real Madrid

Inter Milan

Sporting Lisbon

Shakhtar Donetsk

Europe South B

Barcelona

Sevilla

Porto

CSKA Moscow

Europe South C

Atletico

AC Milan

Benfica

Dynamo Kiev

Europe South D

Juventus

Roma

Valencia 

Sevilla

Yet another gerrymandering plot to strengthen the "select few" and prevent any newcomers spoiling the party.

The Champions League used to be for the champions of each affiliated country until the "big six" realised that clubs like Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest beat them to it by qualifying for Europe instead. So they changed the rules, not to give the Norwichs or Leicesters a chance but to make sure that most of the big six had a better chance to qualify

I'd be happy if the clubs that are pushing this, namely Liverpool and Man Utd, broke away and formed their own Elite League... They could then play each other every week for the "Super-Duper World Series Cup" for all I care. 

• Like 1

It would make a refreshing change if those in charge of the clubs currently at the top of the game would spend a bit of time coming up with a plan to help protect the future of those lower league clubs currently struggling for their very survival thanks to the coronavirus pandemic, rather than plotting yet more ways to solidify their already iron-cast strangle hold on the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichieB said:

Yep, they'll treat the prem as their cup competition essentially, and rest their best players for the "European Premier League" 

Football is a pile of shiit, if it weren't for Wednesday I wouldn't give it 1 sec of my time anymore. 

There will be no incentive to 'try' in the Premiership.  They would automatically qualify for Europe every year even if they got relegated. 

This move should only be allowed if they agree to sever their ties to domestic football completely. 

• Like 3