Pay Per View Football Prices

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's no good people saying 'just don't pay it' 

It needs an absolute organised avalanche of people speaking out and going on strike over this one

The more people speak out and stick together the better

Just saying 'don't pay it' won't work because people will, and it's not high profile enough

Oh i agree,though things have a level..people point blank refused to pay the 'Poll tax' under threat of jail...if the feelings strong enough people will act without organised rebellion...Course there will always be the 'I can afford it' snobs who will wear their subscription,the same way they trumpet everything else...(Rangerover on tic,etc on the Drive....)

Look at me,ime a SUCCESS!!   i CAN AFFORD TO PAY...

Pay on the gate died the death largely at Hillsborough,without much of an organised Campaign

This though has already attracted media critique..hit a nerve...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

My view is the opposite 

I think they'll chase profits pure and simple and if that means putting PPV events on at £30/£40 a game they wouldn't think twice about doing it

Football priced many working men out of the game with their ticket pricing in recent years and made it more  for the affluent

The affluent can afford £30 a game

They'll do it

Nailed on

Spot on. 

Said it a few times before, but it’s no longer a working mans game. I’ve lost love for the “beautiful game”... which it no longer is. 
Got to admit I feel more and more out of touch with football in general, less interested in it. Sky, PPV, ridiculous transfer fees, wages and men in suits that know nothing about the game has ruined it for me.
I’ll support and follow us no matter what though, but going down to ground every other week just got too pricey for me a few years ago unfortunately. So there’s no chance I’m paying out on footy PPV’s ffs. 

18 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Liverpool-City ?? There's no PL this weekend, Everton v Liverpool is live on BT on the 17th (free to subscribers).

As a Wednesday fan, would you or anyone pay the extra to watch Liverpool vs man utd/city

I know I won't. 

I'm starting to think the EPL clubs are getting a bit twitchy with regards to finance. 

8 minutes ago, horny owl said:

I cancelled my sky so thankfully this won’t be affecting me 

The robbing ******** won’t get another penny out of me

Cancelled mine the minute we went into lockdown. 

And I had it on a cheap deal via talktalk. 

Won't be going back to sky sports ever. 

Edited by Maddogbob

15 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

As a Wednesday fan, would you or anyone pay the extra to watch Liverpool vs man utd/city

I know I won't. 

I'm starting to think the EPL clubs are getting a bit twitchy with regards to finance. 

No I wouldn't pay to watch any game on TV if if Wednesday weren't involved.

And I don't have a Sky or BT subscription.

PL clubs are getting nervous. Even the 'big clubs who rely on commercial and sponsorship deals for a large part of their income will be getting worried about those streams shrinking or even disappearing.

If spectators continue to be banned, I would think the rest of the PL (non traditional big 6) clubs will start to suffer too.

51 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

No I wouldn't pay to watch any game on TV if if Wednesday weren't involved.

And I don't have a Sky or BT subscription.

PL clubs are getting nervous. Even the 'big clubs who rely on commercial and sponsorship deals for a large part of their income will be getting worried about those streams shrinking or even disappearing.

If spectators continue to be banned, I would think the rest of the PL (non traditional big 6) clubs will start to suffer too.

I'm sure if I've hit the point, where I'm not sure I'd pay to watch Wednesday on TV. 

I think u've hit the nail on the head.

Financially the "Big" clubs are starting to get twitchy. It's starting to affect them now, so this is there attempt to try and hoover up whatever money is available. 

Telling you guys, streaming is the way to go.

Lets face it, Wednesday aren’t good enough to be paying £10/15 a game to watch on a small screen 

Instead, go on a stream, hit the corner X on a few pop-ups and you’ll get the same HD quality as you would on ifollow.

And it usually gets a bit dodgy towards the end which is great, as the game is usually either rank awful quality or we’re losing 

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Telling you guys, streaming is the way to go.

Lets face it, Wednesday aren’t good enough to be paying £10/15 a game to watch on a small screen 

Instead, go on a stream, hit the corner X on a few pop-ups and you’ll get the same HD quality as you would on ifollow.

And it usually gets a bit dodgy towards the end which is great, as the game is usually either rank awful quality or we’re losing 

Half an hour of posting 'anyone got a stream mate?' followed by an hour of trying to get it working,  for a crap quality stream to pop up and just as you're getting into the game it goes down so you have go spend half an hour of posting 'anyone got a stream mate?' followed by an hour of trying to get it working,  for a crap quality stream to pop up and just as you're getting into the game it goes down so you have go spend half an hour of posting 'anyone got a stream mate?' followed by an hour of trying to get it working,  for a crap quality stream to pop up and just as you're getting into the game it goes down

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Half an hour of posting 'anyone got a stream mate?' followed by an hour of trying to get it working,  for a crap quality stream to pop up and just as you're getting into the game it goes down so you have go spend half an hour of posting 'anyone got a stream mate?' followed by an hour of trying to get it working,  for a crap quality stream to pop up and just as you're getting into the game it goes down so you have go spend half an hour of posting 'anyone got a stream mate?' followed by an hour of trying to get it working,  for a crap quality stream to pop up and just as you're getting into the game it goes down

😂I know the good sites now, there’s 2 of them. Only a selected few hold this valuable information 

Greedy football clubs.

Obviously top level are the worst but all levels spend beyond their means, so I find it hard to have any sympathy with them.

This is another example of fleecing supporters when many haven't had a penny back for pre paid season tickets.

The problem is people will pay for it, even though it's an absolute joke. 

PL clubs have spent a billion in transfer fees, whilst also furloughing staff, mascots etc., and now they want fans to cough up fifteen queen to watch Burnley v Brughton.

Laughable.

Guest Therealrealist

Well I mix in a large circle of friends..and we are all on the fire stick...it’s only been bloked 3 times in 18 month..maybe the people who moan about ifollow buffering etc have got crap broadband

If prem clubs were being affected by this crisis then they shouldn't be spaffing away £200 mill on players. Same with the pigs, spending all that on Brewster.

They should do what most EFL clubs are doing and cut back.

Edited by agentwalker

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Rubbish seen most games for the past twelve months with decent  coverage and commentary, any one who pays to watch footy is just a trying to impress and is a tory git.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1