Pay Per View Football Prices

As said above Sky / BT will still want the neutral puller games on their subscription service not PPV.

I am happy to pay my sports subscriptions because I get value out of it and don't want the hassle of streams and IPTV 

And I like to watch the big games as part of this. Take them away they start to lose subscribers which is where they get value.

Sky /BT also don't want to show the other games as it dilutes the value of the existing rights. And were not prepared to pay extra  As far as I understand the Clubs not the TV companies will get the PPV revenues, subject to a fee presumably for using their Box Office infrastructure.

I am not sure why a tenner for Ifollow is deemed expensive either

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

This is what people said when Boxing first got suggested as a Pay Per View Event

It's also what some fans said when Chansiri first mentioned he might put the ticket prices up at SWFC

Well, only time will tell but I don’t think big premier league games will go PPV because I think BT/Sky are already competing against internet streams and each other. Keeping subscribers happy will be there main interest, I doubt they’d push people away by making the games they know are the main reason people subscribe less accessible. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I guess because you have the income that means it isn't

I guess it soon will be for most though with millions of impending job losses 

Two different considerations 

My point is that to pay £10 to watch a multi angle live stream with commentary is not bad value for money.

Folk pay 6 quid just to park the car near the stadium at other times 

2 minutes ago, PEARSON said:

Well, only time will tell but I don’t think big premier league games will go PPV because I think BT/Sky are already competing against internet streams and each other. Keeping subscribers happy will be there main interest, I doubt they’d push people away by making the games they know are the main reason people subscribe less accessible. 

My view is the opposite 

I think they'll chase profits pure and simple and if that means putting PPV events on at £30/£40 a game they wouldn't think twice about doing it

Football priced many working men out of the game with their ticket pricing in recent years and made it more  for the affluent

The affluent can afford £30 a game

They'll do it

Nailed on

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, mkowl said:

My point is that to pay £10 to watch a multi angle live stream with commentary is not bad value for money.

Folk pay 6 quid just to park the car near the stadium at other times 

True

Neither is good value for money and both are because there is no real alternative really

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

My view is the opposite 

I think they'll chase profits pure and simple and if that means putting PPV events on at £30/£40 a game they wouldn't think twice about doing it

Football priced many working men out of the game with their ticket pricing in recent years and made it more  for the affluent

The affluent can afford £30 a game

They'll do it

Nailed on

Why haven't they done it in the past

The ability to do so has been there 

The investor analysts focus on subscription numbers and the churn rate - you would rather have the guarantee of regular subscribers monies than irregular PPV income 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

True

Neither is good value for money and both are because there is no real alternative really

What do you think is fair value out of interest.

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I guess because you have the income that means it isn't

I guess it soon will be for most though with millions of impending job losses 

In that case people would not be able to afford to go to games , 

20 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Because the timing  wasn't right

Fans were able to go to the stadiums and watch the games live

Now there is not just an opportunity but a massive obvious immediate golden egg to go for it right now

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

How??  They would have hit the jackpot.!!

They are being shown on sky sports and bt sport's box office channels.

If these prove successful and for certain clubs clubs, Man Utd, Liverpool, Leeds etc they could be very popular, why have a middle man take his cut when you could host it yourself and take all the income.

Leeds were already moaning that when it came to live Championship games they pulled in more viewers than other clubs, even though the money received was equal, match fee apart.

So we now could be going into a situation where clubs could themselves charge between £20- £30, take the whole fee, have thousands paying it. Then get more advertisement for their TV channel.

If fans prefer to stay home it could lead to less outgoings on match day.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The investor analysts focus on subscription numbers and the churn rate - you would rather have the guarantee of regular subscribers monies than irregular PPV income 

It will be a PPV season ticket, if clubs have their own deals.

If it's still the TV men, I could see a package season ticket.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey

Our loyalty as a football fan has always been exploited to a degree.

But what is happening now takes that exploitation to a very unsavory level, we're been ripped off, during a pandemic, with people struggling to make ends meet, but will we do anything about it or will we carry on regardless getting our footballing fix from the TV overlords?

Well I'm out, it was bad enough ifollow increasing prices by 30% even though they had a huge increase in subscribers, but I refuse to roll over and have my tummy tickled.

• Like 1

Nothing money related that goes on in football surprises me any more. 

It's a grubby free-for-all of everyone lining their own pockets at the expense of the fans, and it gets more obscene every year.  Not one thing about it is sustainable or makes any financial sense. 

Guest Bulgaria
13 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

This comes as no surprise to me as I believe that the long held aim of the really big clubs as been to have all games on PPV . That they have used a pandemic to bring it in 

100% this.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Because the timing  wasn't right

Fans were able to go to the stadiums and watch the games live

Now there is not just an opportunity but a massive obvious immediate golden egg to go for it right now

Seize the day and all that. You can almost hear them saying " we can't let this chance go "

Implement the policy whilst it's mandatory, build on it's value.... different sales level of game angles, after match interviews, etc etc.

• Love 1