Pay Per View Football Prices

Subscribe via an Android box , I pay £60 per year and £60 for the box , all premier League games , sky games , bt etc , for ifollow it's an extra £40 a season , it's not legal but the way things are going , more and more people will go this way 

• Haha 1

The concern I have is that this will continue after the pandemic and go the same way as boxing.

I remember watching the likes of Eubank versus Benn on ITV but gradually over time promoters realised there was too much money to be made by sticking the big fights on pay per view and the only fights you could get for free were the rubbish ones.

I don’t watch much Premier League football these days anyway but I could see a situation developing where the only matches you’ll be able to get on tv are the likes of Burnley versus Fulham and Sheff Utd versus West Brom, with the likes of Liverpool versus Man Utd being pay per view in future.

Let’s be honest, this isn’t much of a stretch, you’re average Premier League owner couldn’t give a flying f**k about what fans can and can’t afford, today’s vote demonstrates that.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I was speculating what could happen in the future 

Doh! Sorry didn't read it correctly.

I get what you mean but I suspect a fixture such that will still be picked for live  broadcast as normal. Sky/BT want to keep their subscribers and maximise viewing figures as this defines their income from advertisers. I presume a hefty % of the £14.95 will go to the Premier League.

This comes as no surprise to me as I believe that the long held aim of the really big clubs as been to have all games on PPV . That they have used a pandemic to bring it in and they have undoubtedly sold it to the smaller clubs as a short term solution to cover losses is shameful. Long term they will want games exclusively on their own channels to sell worldwide, just imagine how much man u can generate per game potentially tens of millions compared to the likes of Leicester and the pigs hundreds of thousands it will finally kill off any semblance of competition and send transfer fees and wages through the roof with an inevitable trickle down effect. The only positive is it may kill off sky 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ANDY said:

19 out of 20 prem clubs voted this in. The only team against this was Leicester City

Surely we're all in this together, one of our own United voted against it?

9 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

The concern I have is that this will continue after the pandemic and go the same way as boxing.

I remember watching the likes of Eubank versus Benn on ITV but gradually over time promoters realised there was too much money to be made by sticking the big fights on pay per view and the only fights you could get for free were the rubbish ones. 

And at the time boxing fans thought it would be a good idea and should be applauded or were saying things like 'well don't pay  for it if you  don't  want to watch it' not knowing what was to come and how they themselves would  be permanently  affected by it

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

13 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Will they put less PL games on Sky now? I can see it, Liverpool-City hasn't been picked for Super Sunday this week...you can find it on box office though

absolute scam...it says additional games for PPV but you can see this happening. Everton Liverpool isn’t on next Saturday either 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

absolute scam...it says additional games for PPV but you can see this happening. Everton Liverpool isn’t on next Saturday either 

I think you'll find its live on BT Sport.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dykwim said:

For me, £10 or even £15 per game to watch a match I want to see is a reasonable price. Compare that to what you pay for a match day ticket, fuel, a bere’s pork sandwich and a bovril. 

I would only pay it for games I want to see, and agree with you that I wouldn’t pay to watch any other team but wednesday. 

Anyone thinking it’s not a fair price doesn’t have to pay it. 

There is a bigger issue here,than simple 'free choice'......If(and  i do for the good of the game) we want the endless alleged greed apparent in football to END than we,the fans,must do our part too!

DONT pay it!!

There is no justification whatsoever,in times of crisis,for the Premier League(or anyone else) to allegedly attempt to profiteer like this....

Make no mistake,there will be deaths,suicides,homelessness,relationship break down,and abject misery from the continuing issues related to Covid 19...

Some on here have seen such before,in the late 70s/early 80s....This in my view will be much worse.

Making PPV affordable(5 quid) would for me,have seen Football doing its bit,to alleviate the stress of life,just a little.....

• Like 2

It's no good people saying 'just don't pay it' 

It needs an absolute organised avalanche of people speaking out and going on strike over this one

The more people speak out and stick together the better

Just saying 'don't pay it' won't work because people will, and it's not high profile enough

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

How??  They would have hit the jackpot.!!

They are being shown on sky sports and bt sport's box office channels.

If sky customers aren't getting the access to the top games they will cancel subscriptions. Most wouldn't be happy to fork out for cricket, f1 etc as well as paying PPV for Liverpool v Man City. 

4 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

If sky customers aren't getting the access to the top games they will cancel subscriptions. Most wouldn't be happy to fork out for cricket, f1 etc as well as paying PPV for Liverpool v Man City. 

NOBODY should be happy paying for cricket

It's duller than F1 racing and that's REALLY saying something

Owlstalk Shop

I think people are getting angry at nothing here. These are games that wouldn’t have been on TV anyways, you now have the option of paying £15 to watch them. I don’t get why that’s so controversial. The big games for neutrals won’t be PPV as Sky/Bt would just lose there subscribers if so. It’ll be your run of the mill premier league games like Brighton v Burnley. It gives the fans of those clubs the option of watching the game that they wouldn’t have before at what, let’s be honest, isn’t the most expensive cost in the world - surely that’s a good thing? The thing that annoys me is the anger towards this when in reality most premier league clubs will be on sky/bt regularly without PPV. Whilst championship clubs like ourselves have to pay every single week if we want to watch our team. Where was the outcry when the £10 a match was announced for the football league? If we take a very obvious example of us and Sheff Utd. If you have BT and Sky it’d have been no extra cost to watch any of there league games, for us it’d have set you back £40.