Pay Per View Football Prices

It was $7 to watch on ifollow in USA last season. Which was about £5.50. Bristol City this season cost $10.80 - £8.46. 54% increase in the space of a couple of months. They seem to have started charging VAT at 20%  - strange when I was "in New York" - may have been because I used a UK credit card. I've since decided to return to UK and pay the £10! At £5.50 it is a no brainer but £10 a game for a full season starts to get expensive.

22 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

It was $7 to watch on ifollow in USA last season. Which was about £5.50. Bristol City this season cost $10.80 - £8.46. 54% increase in the space of a couple of months. They seem to have started charging VAT at 20%  - strange when I was "in New York" - may have been because I used a UK credit card. I've since decided to return to UK and pay the £10! At £5.50 it is a no brainer but £10 a game for a full season starts to get expensive.

How is it right that it is currently more expensive for season ticket holders to watch our games than it is for fans abroad? 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How is it right that it is currently more expensive for season ticket holders to watch our games than it is for fans abroad? 

Season Ticket holders pay less than anyone else to go to the games usually

If they paid their fair share  we could have afforded Zahore and wouldn't have had to sell our stadium

So this TV Tax is the obvious way to get revenge

Owlstalk Shop

I hate sky and sky sports, every month I told my wife I’m gonna cancel sky sports but never do. I probably only watch two games of football a year on sky. Feels like a pay an extra £25 to watch sky sports news. I watched championship highlights on Quest!!!! 

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Premier League is funding a big security company to get the IPTV streams shut down once and for all

The first major provider got raided last weekend

It was the weekend before...every5hing is fine now..it’s a game of cat and mouse..still good value

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Will they put less PL games on Sky now? I can see it, Liverpool-City hasn't been picked for Super Sunday this week...you can find it on box office though

Liverpool-City ?? There's no PL this weekend, Everton v Liverpool is live on BT on the 17th (free to subscribers).

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Premier League is funding a big security company to get the IPTV streams shut down once and for all

The first major provider got raided last weekend

Then another one pops up, when people or companies try butt ******* people like this they deserve everything they get.

Just how much money do they need?

• Like 1

No limits to the Premier League's top clubs greed. Sickening to profit from a pandemic; after years of taking fans for granted, they carried on without them and still spent billions, and now they're starting to make games pay per view. Greed and nothing else. The Premier League was formed out of pure greed and every year they want an even bigger slice of the pie. Without a care for ordinary fans; smaller clubs, history or tradition. Sod it. Football is finished as a sport, it's just a business. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Then another one pops up, when people or companies try butt ******* people like this they deserve everything they get.

True!

I'd  ask the same about Championship players, agents and 'advisors' also

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
23 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

I don’t 5hink they will ever get shut down..it’s like the new plastic banknotes wer supposed to be un fakeable..if thats a word...but apparently 5hey are not

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Think that will happen

It will also happen once the gates are opened at grounds to fans once this is over. There will be an initial surge but i feel people are finding other things to do with their weekends. Time will tell if I'm right or maybe I'm just getting old and cynical.

• Like 2