Pay Per View Football Prices

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

100%

And if it's £15 as the opening price for PPV games imagine what it's gonna be in a year or two once they've hiked the prices up and up like they always do?

Got a feeling this is the start of all games being PPV. It will end up like the boxing on sky. The big fights are all pay per view and sky subscribers have to wait a few days to be able to see the re run. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You're forgetting the small fact that fans aren't allowed to go to the football though

True that.

But I’m not sure there’ll be many neutrals paying £15, and a fair few regulars of the two teams won’t either. There are a lot of people whose jobs are on the line.

As a comparison, do you know how many Wednesday fans buy weekly Ifollow? I’m guessing it’s not a lot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

True that.

But I’m not sure there’ll be many neutrals paying £15, and a fair few regulars of the two teams won’t either. There are a lot of people whose jobs are on the line.

As a comparison, do you know how many Wednesday fans buy weekly Ifollow? I’m guessing it’s not a lot.

There was a tweet a few weeks back from a 4th division team, I forget which one. For a home game against Bolton they sold 400odd and Bolton sold 1900odd. 

Not exactly a large sample size but that seems about 10% of their usual live attending fans.

5 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Clubs such as Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal will have lost loads of money and will be thinking what they could have made if they could have negotiated their own TV rights. It will be interesting to see what happens next time the TV package comes up for renewal.

That's another relevant point 👍

Owlstalk Shop

£15 is steep for the neutral. 

But 

£15 is also cheap for a pay on the gate fan of that team.

Depends which way you look at it.

It's a luxury to watch your team when not on TV, so it is a good thing, just probably a huge over reaction 

20 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Got a feeling this is the start of all games being PPV. It will end up like the boxing on sky. The big fights are all pay per view and sky subscribers have to wait a few days to be able to see the re run. 

How much would people be willing to pay to watch every Wednesday match online, there’s got to be a market for it.

£300? £350? 

Just now, bigash_swfc said:

£15 is steep for the neutral. 

But 

£15 is also cheap for a pay on the gate fan of that team. 

It's not paying on the gate though mate

You see what YOU are doing is exactly what the TV people will want you to do/say

Right into their trap

Which is why PPV games will go the same pricing as Boxing PPV events- mark my words

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Makes no odds to me 

I'll just continue to chromecast the streams to my TV for free

Edited by Sticky Micky
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We all need to remember that the £10 for Champ games and £15 for Prem games is just the opening prices

Guaranteed they'll go up the second they think they can get away with it

They probably will get away with it though, won't they?

Many football fans (including myself) are suckers.

I don't think £10 to watch Wednesday on ifollow is great value, but I'm still paying it more often than not.

I'd love to take a stand and bring the whole corrupt system crashing to its knees, but then 2:45 on a Saturday afternoon rolls around and I just want to watch Wednesday.

They know our weakness, damn it!

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Premier League is funding a big security company to get the IPTV streams shut down once and for all

The first major provider got raided last weekend

true, they have been trying to block some of the streams over the last couple of weeks. especially on bt and sky.

There's a few idiots advertising everywhere which is just stupid but there's a few that don't advertise and go under the radar.

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Premier League is funding a big security company to get the IPTV streams shut down once and for all

The first major provider got raided last weekend

One gets shut down, another pops up. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not paying on the gate though mate

You see what YOU are doing is exactly what the TV people will want you to do/say

Right into their trap

I know but imagine 2xAdults 2xKids tickets for a Man City game?

£60 each for adults, £20 for kids.

£160 + food, transport...your close to £200 for a single game.

£15 let's a family watch their team and have beans on toast with a cuppa tea.

Edited by bigash_swfc