Pay Per View Football Prices

I'd definitely pay £15+ (or £100 days out sometimes if its an awayday) for a few overpriced beers and jagers with friends before the match on a saturday but sat at home in the quiet dullness and paying through the nose to watch 90 minutes on a screen is poo . Can't wait to get back to a game. 

Edited by TheEnchanter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, dykwim said:

Don’t pay it if you don’t agree with it.

I wouldn't pay a penny to watch a game of football in which Wednesday weren't taking part, but as much as I think the £10 being charged to watch each match on ifollow is too steep, I've paid it for each of our league games thus far and probably will for the majority of our games this season.

Fans will want to watch their team whenever possible. Even if the price seems unreasonable, many of us will pay it.

We're addicts, aren't we? ifollow know this, as do BT and Sky.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Bloody hypocrits, especially Winter.

Where was their outrage when every single EFL game, with maybe two exception a weekend out of 36 games, were made PPV only?

Does seem a bit strange that they are so outraged at fans having to pay £15 for a match in what these journalists regularly describe as 'the best league in the world', but when we are charged £10 for second division football it passes by without so much of a word.

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I wouldn't pay a penny to watch a game of football in which Wednesday weren't taking part, but as much as I think the £10 being charged to watch each match on ifollow is too steep, I've paid it for each of our league games thus far and probably will for the majority of our games this season.

Fans will want to watch their team whenever possible. Even if the price seems unreasonable, many of us will pay it.

We're addicts, aren't we? ifollow know this, as do BT and Sky.

For me, £10 or even £15 per game to watch a match I want to see is a reasonable price. Compare that to what you pay for a match day ticket, fuel, a bere’s pork sandwich and a bovril. 

I would only pay it for games I want to see, and agree with you that I wouldn’t pay to watch any other team but wednesday. 

Anyone thinking it’s not a fair price doesn’t have to pay it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

Will they put less PL games on Sky now? I can see it, Liverpool-City hasn't been picked for Super Sunday this week...you can find it on box office though

100%

And if it's £15 as the opening price for PPV games imagine what it's gonna be in a year or two once they've hiked the prices up and up like they always do?

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

100%

And if it's £15 as the opening price for PPV games imagine what it's gonna be in a year or two once they've hiked the prices up and up like they always do?

Can't see many takers personally apart from the pubs. I wouldn't pay for it myself but I would go and have a few pints with the lads to watch, if the government gets a grip and we can of course

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

100%

Sky tried PPV many years ago.

It was quickly scrapped due to low take up.

Times change, but I think there’s less appetite for PPV just now, not more.

If you pay £15 it will get dearer. Refuse and the price will drop to a level that maximises profit. Fans will decide what that is, same with shirts. Refuse to buy and they get discounted. It's simply business. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Sky tried PPV many years ago.

It was quickly scrapped due to low take up.

Times change, but I think there’s less appetite for PPV just now, not more.

You're forgetting the small fact that fans aren't allowed to go to the football though

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, dykwim said:

For me, £10 or even £15 per game to watch a match I want to see is a reasonable price. Compare that to what you pay for a match day ticket, fuel, a bere’s pork sandwich and a bovril. 

I would only pay it for games I want to see, and agree with you that I wouldn’t pay to watch any other team but wednesday. 

Anyone thinking it’s not a fair price doesn’t have to pay it. 

Watching at home on TV doesn't compare to a proper matchday experience in my opinion, but the £10 clearly can't be too extortionate, as I'm willingly paying it.

Having said that, when I think that it will cost £460 if I watch every game of the season on TV, then I'm going to need to be a bit more selective and settle for the audio-only option at some point!

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Watching at home on TV doesn't compare to a proper matchday experience in my opinion, but the £10 clearly can't be too extortionate, as I'm willingly paying it.

Having said that, when I think that it will cost £460 if I watch every game of the season on TV, then I'm going to need to be a bit more selective and settle for the audio-only option at some point!

We all need to remember that the £10 for Champ games and £15 for Prem games is just the opening prices

Guaranteed they'll go up the second they think they can get away with it

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop