DC more difficult questions for him?

18 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

It's a Mortgage, he is paying interest on it, if he stops paying the ground is transferred to the Lender, like if you fail to pay your mortgage and the bank takes it.

That's how I've read it.

Even though money is cheap at the moment, it's not as cheap as using your own.

Technically not true if you cash is earning a higher interest rate than your loan repayment

24 minutes ago, Grandad said:

A commercial loan with Funding Circle just now carries a 2.9% arrangement fee and then rates as follows;

So just as a very rough guide - a £6.4m loan over 12 months would see us pay back £185,600 arrangement fee, £150,784 interest and the initial sum borrowed of £6,400,000.00 - £6,736,474.00

Total cost of loan £336,474.00.

Thats not bad to be fair.

Could it be a £6m loan, with the £400 & odd thousand being the fees & interest?

16 hours ago, Hornsby said:

With High Street lender fine, but this vulture makes money when he don't get repaid.

Crashed Watford years ago. A year from now he has right to sell Hillsborough.

And if Chansiri's down to last £6 million, that's trouble.

Ot maybe lender's stadium valuation to support loan - based on usual ratio - was about £10 million.......

By "This Vulture" I presume you know who has loaned the money?.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

*reads thread title*

*see's paddyowl in the thread*

*sees that paddyowl has read the thread*

*sees paddyowl POSTING in the thread*

*confused*

Sick of all the bullshite TBH,

Football is on its arse, the game is dying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, paddyowl said:

I fell in love with the game (and Wednesday) 40+ years ago not the politics.

I think we all did mate

It's not about the actual game of football that happens now is it

It's all about finance, FFP, VAR, footballers instagramming and tweeting, stadium sales etc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

A commercial loan with Funding Circle just now carries a 2.9% arrangement fee and then rates as follows;

So just as a very rough guide - a £6.4m loan over 12 months would see us pay back £185,600 arrangement fee, £150,784 interest and the initial sum borrowed of £6,400,000.00 - £6,736,474.00

It would be interesting to know the full terms and % interest on his loan, but you would have to conclude that he's looked at all the options to provide funds to 'buy' the ground and he's chosen the loan route he has. As Hillsborough is and was his, it seems sensible to provide it as security to presumably reduce the risk of the loan and therefore, lower the interest rate. 

DC presumably has other investments, and he would look at them all as a package and determine his internal rate of return from each and structure the deals accordingly. For example, if he's earning 10% interest on a £60m investment, then you wouldn't withdraw it to fund a loan to buy Hillsborough; you'd take out a separate loan @ 2-5% interest and the two deals combined will be the damage limitation to your asset investment portfolio.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

I know because that what I do for a living. Hope that helps. 

You can patronise away all you want,you know as much as i do,which is jack,unless you would care to 'help' me by informing me of the interest details of said loan,and current & future plans of Mr Chansiri....  

49 minutes ago, Animis said:

It would be interesting to know the full terms and % interest on his loan, but you would have to conclude that he's looked at all the options to provide funds to 'buy' the ground and he's chosen the loan route he has. As Hillsborough is and was his, it seems sensible to provide it as security to presumably reduce the risk of the loan and therefore, lower the interest rate. 

DC presumably has other investments, and he would look at them all as a package and determine his internal rate of return from each and structure the deals accordingly. For example, if he's earning 10% interest on a £60m investment, then you wouldn't withdraw it to fund a loan to buy Hillsborough; you'd take out a separate loan @ 2-5% interest and the two deals combined will be the damage limitation to your asset investment portfolio.

'Interesting'?.......nod arf....

7 minutes ago, parajack said:

You can patronise away all you want,you know as much as i do,which is jack,unless you would care to 'help' me by informing me of the interest details of said loan,and current & future plans of Mr Chansiri....  

Right. 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

It's a Mortgage, he is paying interest on it, if he stops paying the ground is transferred to the Lender, like if you fail to pay your mortgage and the bank takes it.

That's how I've read it.

Even though money is cheap at the moment, it's not as cheap as using your own.

It is if your own money is invested and bringing in a higher rate than you have to pay on the loan you're taking out.

E.g if you have £6.5m invested and it's returning 10% interest and you have to spend £6.5m, why would you close that investment and lose the interest if you can take out a loan and only pay back 2% interest.

Totally made up figures of course and I'm not suggesting they're correct, just trying to illustrate a point.

4 hours ago, Grandad said:

what they publish and what they charge can be two very different things.

3 hours ago, Animis said:

Whats your source for citing 2 to 5% interest? other similar have been compared at (from memory) 7 to 9% Premier league...(sic)source: Radio Sheffield phone in,this week Kevin Mcguire.  

Also what about 'priorities'? if said 'other' package hits problems because of the overall Covid 19 issues effecting all investment portfolio's even previously 'nailed on'(Oil etc share prices & markets plummeted

A fair Q would be how high on his 'priorities' would be S6?.....IF his overall investment portfolio starts to suffer?

Edited by parajack

35 minutes ago, parajack said:

Whats your source for citing 2 to 5% interest? other similar have been compared at (from memory) 7 to 9% Premier league...(sic)source: Radio Sheffield phone in,this week Kevin Mcguire.  

Also what about 'priorities'? if said 'other' package hits problems because of the overall Covid 19 issues effecting all investment portfolio's even previously 'nailed on'(Oil etc share prices & markets plummeted

A fair Q would be how high on his 'priorities' would be S6?.....IF his overall investment portfolio starts to suffer?

Money is very cheap at the moment - we could get a mortgage at sub 2% interest rate for 5 years currently. Unless DC is a high risk, and I don't think anyone would suggest that, he will have a very good credit rating for anyone lending him cash. 2-5% would be my guess, but of course the overall deal may be a lot more complex than that. 

All businesses world-wide are currently in various stages of review as a result of COVID. Some are more insulated than others. Some posters have intimated on here, that DC is a front man for a far-East investment consortium. The evidence doesn't support that in my view, but it's clear that he hasn't got visible investments/interests elsewhere. He presumably has got family related money that he has invested and the loses we have racked up since 2015, must have impacted this, unless it's all on credit. However, this doesn't add up because the club isn't worth his overall debt level. He must have invested over £100m already and we are certainly not worth that - £30m at best.

In the end, on paper the club are his, and that means the loses but the potential hope value of the PL. We are a million miles away from this at present, and due to his management, are nearer to League 1 right now. If I was him, I'd be looking for a way out as we will be making significant loses for at least the next three years. Unless of course, it's not his money to lose.

Good reply,but the one 

Q remaining would be,why can DC get a loan that cheap(if he has) when Maguire (from memory) allegedly said there were several Premier League Clubs who had borrowed money at rates way higher than that?(sic)

doesn't make sense..  

Edited by parajack