DC more difficult questions for him?

Am I the only one - non-native English speaking - still struggling with the wording of all this?

Didn't see it come up here in this thread, but on the Twitter thread, some replies suggested this could be a move to gain the liquid cash to get the Zohore deal over the finish line... but I don't see how the right party gets the money to carry out this deal in all this?

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

'K

The Tuna fleet has been out for the last 3 years...reports are of an absolutely MASSIVE haul of Blue fin, to be landed in ..Phuket...funnily enough.

when this has been offloaded and sold, Wednesday get millions ....its just a matter of time....

The blue fin tuna story is a bit of a red herring if you ask me

• Haha 1

P&S, we have to do stuff like this or sell players for big fees, in order to stay within P&S, cover costs like wages and to strengthen the team. Doesn't matter how much a club as at this level, to strengthen they have to sell players on for a profit, even the parachute payment clubs have to sell players to bring in others. 

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

The mortgage does not bother me too much, but what the money will be spent on does.

If we are just going to give the money away to players and agents, then that would worry me.

With High Street lender fine, but this vulture makes money when he don't get repaid.

Crashed Watford years ago. A year from now he has right to sell Hillsborough.

And if Chansiri's down to last £6 million, that's trouble.

Ot maybe lender's stadium valuation to support loan - based on usual ratio - was about £10 million.......

3 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Can the financial experts shine a light on this please? 

Maybe he does not want to use his own cash or it is tied up in a fixed term savings thingy.

Lots of clubs and owners borrow no ey unless you are owned by a country that is.

Just an idea but could this loan be to pay the big tax bill SWFC have coming at the end of October. All the football league clubs were given a 4 month deferral of employment tax by HMRC but that money is due to be paid end of October. There was a big article in the Daily mail last month about tax bills being about £1m a month and these need repaying.

Know DC though it's probably for another set of Gold elephants😁😁

3 hours ago, Hornsby said:

With High Street lender fine, but this vulture makes money when he don't get repaid.

Ot maybe lender's stadium valuation to support loan - based on usual ratio - was about £10 million.......

It doesn’t seem to mention this floating charge you’ve been banging on about for 2 days, a cynic might think you had an agenda. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

It's a Mortgage, he is paying interest on it, if he stops paying the ground is transferred to the Lender, like if you fail to pay your mortgage and the bank takes it.

That's how I've read it.

Even though money is cheap at the moment, it's not as cheap as using your own.

It is actually cheaper to use other people’s money most of the time in preference to your own

Guest Therealrealist
48 minutes ago, Grandad said:

To put this into context

£6.4m loan for one year will just about cover the wages of Westwood and Rhodes

Don’t worry about Rhodes ..were quids in..we saved loadsa money by not letting Norwich have him 2 years ago..according to the t3n bob accountants on here..summat to do with an orama or summat🥴

10 hours ago, Hornsby said:

When did he “ crash” Watford? You keep banging on about this but I can find no records of Watford going bust?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vulva said:

Wealthy people use other peoples money. That’s how they get wealthy. And the cost of money is very cheap at present. So they will borrow as much as they can. 

I would agree if he had taken a loan from Barclays at 3%.

He has borrowed from a company with no assets from what I can see. It will be used by the owner as an investment vehicle. That is no problem but I would imagine the rates will be quite high.

I think the issue is that DC does not have access to a pot of cash. I think he has a healthy income stream. I say this because he paid MM in instalments over 2 years. This income stream may have been damaged by the pandemic.

I struggle to see a positive in him borrowing money secured against the ground.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, heppers said:

I would agree if he had taken a loan from Barclays at 3%.

He has borrowed from a company with no assets from what I can see. It will be used by the owner as an investment vehicle. That is no problem but I would imagine the rates will be quite high.

I think the issue is that DC does not have access to a pot of cash. I think he has a healthy income stream. I say this because he paid MM in instalments over 2 years. This income stream may have been damaged by the pandemic.

I struggle to see a positive in him borrowing money secured against the ground.

The question i have is where did New Avenue Projects Limited get its money from to loan to Sheffield 3 

The last accounts are only to 31st March 2019 and had 80k of assets - now its lending out £6.4m

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The question i have is where did New Avenue Projects Limited get its money from to loan to Sheffield 3 

The last accounts are only to 31st March 2019 and had 80k of assets - now its lending out £6.4m

I can only assume Weiss has injected money.

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Quite often they lend on behalf of private individuals looking to see a better return on their money than they can get in other investments.