England v Wales

3 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Rather then 3-5-2 I think 4-2-3-1 would serve us better against stronger teams. Against Belgium I'd like to see it

Pope

TAA

Gomes 

Coady

Chilwell 

Rice

Henderson 

Sterling 

Kane

Rashford

Calvert Lewin 

Means Rice can drop deeper if needed at times to push full backs on, but the team shape with wing backs has been poor imo

Interesting team. Would swap Grealish for Rashford

26 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

When was the last time Coady played in a back 4, probably 4 years at least.

Agree, but prefer him to Dier and Maguire is bang out of form. If you include Rice as one of the holders he can drop in to create the 3 at certain points. 

The 3-5-2 really isn't working, it did alright in the world Cup but when tested it came up short, and looks clunky since we went back too it. We have a squad far more suited to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 imo 

• Like 1

Coady is perfect for a three. Especially as Gomez needs someone to talk to him and Coady never shuts up. If we play a four then I might be leaning away from that. Plus if you play a four you need proper full backs and we've only got Chillwell on the left and he's not available tonight. 

Winks should be nowhere near the team right now. I've always rated him in yhe past but he was completely overrun by a poor Wales midfield. He needs games at club level. Would much prefer Henderson alongside someone who gets around the pitch more. A healthy and confident Barkley might work. I'm guessing it'll be Henderson and Rice though.