England v Wales

Just put the game on. Roy Keane is talking about Old in the build up. 1) why are they discussing Ole when England are playing 2) Why is Roy Keane there when the Republic have a very important match. Surely with international fixtures the pundits should be of that nationality. Not that I don't like Keane as a pundit but it just feels wrong.

Why do defenders no longer want to defend??

Look at the centre halves we’ve produced over the years, Terry, Ferdinand, Campbell, Adams, King, even the like of Lescott and Cahill we’re all first and foremost in the side to defend. The wanted to head the ball, tackle hard intercept, position themselves to save a goal. 

We now have a team/league full of centre halves who are more interested in playing a lively pass than they are saving a goal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Grealish is class. Should be a first choice player

I was never 100% sure, did he just look good in a team of poor players or, is he the real deal?

He’s the real deal. Fantastic first touch, glides with the ball, good end product, a proper player. I remember watching him as a kid at Notts county, he was sitting seasoned professionals down for fun. Good to see the loyalty to Villa as well. He could have gone pretty much anywhere in the transfer window.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

I was never 100% sure, did he just look good in a team of poor players or, is he the real deal?

He’s the real deal. Fantastic first touch, glides with the ball, good end product, a proper player. I remember watching him as a kid at Notts county, he was sitting seasoned professionals down for fun. Good to see the loyalty to Villa as well. He could have gone pretty much anywhere in the transfer window.

It bodes well for England next summer if him and Barkley can get a good partnership going for Villa