Is it wrong to question what's happening at the club?

Last night was my first sleepless night since pre Mandaric. I'd heard that worrying news was going to be revealed on Thursday of this week but with all 'worrying' news it was leaked early. I've tried to pull some positives out of people's posts but they don't out way the negatives in my pessimistic  mind. The joys of being a Wednesdayite 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The new owner can't BE the new owner unless they paid the price demanded

Not 'panto' season yes is it? OH Yes they can,   Lol...if they choose to,...there are examples of 'politics' being played out in Football,Wimbledon moving home as an example....caused an uproar with the fans,...there are others....Once we dont own the ground,its out of our control...Local lock downs keeping  places shut,& crowds away, 2 week national lockdown in Scotland....& no sign yet of any matchday income for some time to come...

My point was if Mr Chansiri got fed up,& wanted a return on his investment or 'profit' on his investment/write of losses  He could chose to do what he liked..he has no Board of directors to answer to...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Which is fine and can't really be questioned.  But you could hold up literally every decision made at the club and put forward a similar argument.  

It this is a routine transaction that tens of clubs (or other businesses) have done with no issues then I'm less concerned.  Obviously any borrowing of money can be risky, but ultimately so is being owned by one guy who controls the purse strings.

Its not routine,only 4 EFL Clubs have allegedly done similar to my knowledge...ie selling the ground as a 'fixed asset' 

When you look at the price he paid, amount he's spent...he'd never be able to recover that from the sale of the club.

Maybe he could be selling the ground to himself to lease it to a new owner...So over time, he'll be able to claw some money back.

Squeeze every asset. I'm not against Chansiri though, took us on a brill ride. The scape goat saying "badly advised" will always be accurate. The tide is turning with a younger Wednesday starting 11 than we've seen in recent years. Not the end of the world, if we go down and chansiri stays.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Its not routine,only 4 EFL Clubs have allegedly done similar to my knowledge...ie selling the ground as a 'fixed asset' 

I was more meaning the loan against the value of the stadium.

5 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Because that company will also now  have a floating charge over Chansiri, including his club shares.

So that's Administration. It's a vulture fund. They crashed Watford. They could kill us with that scenario.

That's okay, they'll still be folk saying Chansiri is "learning from his mistakes"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

When you look at the price he paid, amount he's spent...he'd never be able to recover that from the sale of the club.

Maybe he could be selling the ground to himself to lease it to a new owner...So over time, he'll be able to claw some money back.

Squeeze every asset. I'm not against Chansiri though, took us on a brill ride. The scape goat saying "badly advised" will always be accurate. The tide is turning with a younger Wednesday starting 11 than we've seen in recent years. Not the end of the world, if we go down and chansiri stays.

What brill ride is this that Chansiri has taken us on then? 

That last sentence...christ.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

What brill ride is this that Chansiri has taken us on then? 

That last sentence...christ.

If you've not attended any games over the last 6 or so years, I'll forgive you but we've been competing at the top end of the table and had some memorable wins and days out at Wembley. 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

If you've not attended any games over the last 6 or so years, I'll forgive you but we've been competing at the top end of the table and had some memorable wins and days out at Wembley. 

Well if that's what you deem a brill ride, wow your very easily pleased.

The roofing/guttering cold calling salesman must love you.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Well if that's what you deem a brill ride, wow your very easily pleased.

The roofing/guttering cold calling salesman must love you.

Football fans (in general) are so ungrateful. Relax

Let the transition happen.

You sound like the type of person that would sign a 35 year on a 3 year deal.

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

I agree, and have been savaged for saying so.

But it's the hiring and firing of managers which will sink us.

The decision to retain Carlos denied us a third shot at promotion, and not releasing Monk will relegate us.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

We have had one day out at Wembley and it was oriole..with a capital O

31 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

This true ?

no

he said that chansiri pays swfc 7 million a year for the stadium sale but by doing this deal it may allow him to give us the 60 million in one lump.

32 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

This true ?

I thought I'd posted already that is not (but I may have imagined it 😂 old age does that to you)

We pay 3m annual rent on a 30 year deal.

Sheffield 3 Ltd 'pay' the club £7.5m a year to buy the stadium. For 8 years.

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Tony Pulis

23 hours ago, Grandad said:

Over the years this site has provided a brilliant discussion forum with a huge number of fans represented, and topics have ranged wildly from HMRC to Andy Blair's hair

During that time there has also at times been an almost forensic analysis of the club's financial dealings and this has proved hugely important as a means of communicating in layman's terms how financially strong (or weak) the club is at various stages.

We do benefit from the input of numerous well qualified Owlstalkers who can make sense of this.

So when these matters are raised and things don't necessarily look good inevitably other Owlstalkers can get worried, or even angry about that info in the public domain. Or more often than not - angry at the person communicating it. Over the years I've been advised of being anti club. Nothing could be further from the truth. 

One thing we ALL share is a love of the club that means we spend (literally) hours of our time every week discussing it on here (and elsewhere). It's that love of the club that leads to worry when news emerges like this week's. Obviously there will be differing views. Some will dismiss it as irrelevant, some will focus on it. But my major worry over the years is that the club is sustainable and will exist for at least another 150 years. 

That's why it's so important that the club communicates with it's fans. And this needs to improve. Putting it's head in the sand and waiting for things to blow over isn't the way we should be dealing with things.

I guess what I'm saying is - go easy on the worriers. That's all it is. Not intentional rabble rousing. Just worry.

Thanks

We agree Grandad, and I think the Club might communicate a little more, although in fairness many issues of recent importance such as points deduction and finance strategy are either off limits as legal arguments are still ongoing, or private as they would be for any company. I also agree that we, as fans with common purpose,  should argue and debate and we can’t all agree. I do take issue however with the howling and pointless abuse and bile directed at The Chairman and The Manager. I think they are as much a part of the team as the players on the pitch and let’s face it, very few of us on here could even pretend to understand the complexity of their decisions. Last week was a good example- we all have a ruined weekend when the ball doesn’t run for us but goodness me! The abuse directed at The Management was appalling. Garry Monk, if he has any sense, will not read the posts on here and if Mr C took his money away we would be finished. Yes, debate and argue, but with respect please. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Elderly Owl said:

We agree Grandad, and I think the Club might communicate a little more, although in fairness many issues of recent importance such as points deduction and finance strategy are either off limits as legal arguments are still ongoing, or private as they would be for any company. I also agree that we, as fans with common purpose,  should argue and debate and we can’t all agree. I do take issue however with the howling and pointless abuse and bile directed at The Chairman and The Manager. I think they are as much a part of the team as the players on the pitch and let’s face it, very few of us on here could even pretend to understand the complexity of their decisions. Last week was a good example- we all have a ruined weekend when the ball doesn’t run for us but goodness me! The abuse directed at The Management was appalling. Garry Monk, if he has any sense, will not read the posts on here and if Mr C took his money away we would be finished. Yes, debate and argue, but with respect please. 

We do agree

If you can't make your points respectfully it's best not to make them

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Tony Pulis