Chansiri - worst thing to happen to Sheffield Wednesday since Dave Allen

I hope DC and his family don't read some of these posts. Why anyone would invest in Wednesday with the abuse the owners get is beyond me. You can't just blame DC unless you can prove he ignored the advice of the professional employees/ advisors / accountants etc.  At worst you can say he gambled and lost on getting promotion.  Blame Westwood for his lousy positioning for the Hull goal if you must! A simple revaluing of the stadium would have generated the profit needed to meet FFP requirements ( assuming it could be revalued at the appropriate price) Selling it at the revalued price generates the cash Wednesday needed  from his pocket...  he didn't have to do that.  If the stadium was bought at an inflated price, above any revaluation  then Wednesday deserve the punishment  ( and how to realistically value a football stadium?)  If Hillsborough was full every week you could argue it's worth much more than now when its worth little more than the land value because it doesn't make any money.  We don't know what has gone on behind the scenes.....I think he did his best  and we should get off his back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, oldoldOwl said:

I hope DC and his family don't read some of these posts. Why anyone would invest in Wednesday with the abuse the owners get is beyond me. You can't just blame DC unless you can prove he ignored the advice of the professional employees/ advisors / accountants etc.  At worst you can say he gambled and lost on getting promotion.  Blame Westwood for his lousy positioning for the Hull goal if you must! A simple revaluing of the stadium would have generated the profit needed to meet FFP requirements ( assuming it could be revalued at the appropriate price) Selling it at the revalued price generates the cash Wednesday needed  from his pocket...  he didn't have to do that.  If the stadium was bought at an inflated price, above any revaluation  then Wednesday deserve the punishment  ( and how to realistically value a football stadium?)  If Hillsborough was full every week you could argue it's worth much more than now when its worth little more than the land value because it doesn't make any money.  We don't know what has gone on behind the scenes.....I think he did his best  and we should get off his back.

I see plenty of posts criticising Chansiri but very, very rarely see any abuse of him.
Part of job description of being a football club owner is you will get praised to the high heavens when things go well and get a bit of stick when things go badly. 
Chansiri is the owner and chairmen the buck stops with him.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, billyblack said:

People defending Chansiri, can anyone tell me what he has done right? Must be something, you defend him often enough.

Well, he puts his money where his mouth is, and he gives the haters a second target when they’re not having a go at Garry Monk ( or Dawson, or Reach or Bannan)

i don’t get it. We would have been wound up long ago if DC hadn’t picked up the tab. If you all hate the management and the players so much, you’re free to go and “support” some other team if you want! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I see plenty of posts criticising Chansiri but very, very rarely see any abuse of him.
Part of job description of being a football club owner is you will get praised to the high heavens when things go well and get a bit of stick when things go badly. 
Chansiri is the owner and chairmen the buck stops with him.

Yes, but the abuse is way beyond acceptable I think. A little respect would not be out of place- especially, as you say, the buck stops with him.

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, bobness said:

Cake ball is the highlight of the DC era. And it's not even close!

Totally agree

Although the cheap sekonda knock off 150 anniversary watches ran it a close second

:Chansiri:

• Haha 3
16 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't agree with the OP overall but the 150th anniversary was a disappointment looking back.

The anniversary dinner was apparently a big success but it was something only a few fans could enjoy. This big milestone for the club should have been something for all fans to be part of. We failed to secure a marquee opponent for the pre-season game to mark the occasion. 

The anniversary 3rd shirt designed by one of our fans was a positive - but it should have been available from the date of the anniversary, instead it went on sale in December.

The dream scene was a good idea but judging by the fact all 3 versions are still currently available at reduced price in the club shop, the price point clearly wasn't 

It's not as though you just ring a marquee club and they say right when do you want us to turn up. Read an article a couple of years ago that said the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona ask for around a million quid just to turn up and there are probably other costs on top of that

1 minute ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Totally agree

Although the cheap sekonda knock off 150 anniversary watches ran it a close second

fizz me! How has nobody thought of doing a cake ball watch?

DC, if you're reading this, you know what to do!

• Haha 2

The worst thing about Wednesday ATM is the amount of supporters that think they know how to run a football club and claim to know everything that is happening behind the scenes at Hillsbrough.

Gone are the days that a supporter would only be interested about if we won a particular game or who would score the next goal.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

The worst thing about Wednesday ATM is the amount of supporters that think they know how to run a football club and claim to know everything that is happening behind the scenes at Hillsbrough.

Gone are the days that a supporter would only be interested about if we won a particular game or who would score the next goal.

Those days are well gone, Jeez you might have got an update in The Star twice a week if you was lucky, about transfers. 

Now we demand a step by step account of everything what goes off, or the crying starts.

But we do need two more forwards signed.

22 minutes ago, Elderly Owl said:

Yes, but the abuse is way beyond acceptable I think. A little respect would not be out of place- especially, as you say, the buck stops with him.

What abuse?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, oldoldOwl said:

I don't think anyone doubts his good intentions or his honour. But the facts of the matter are that the football team is in a considerably worse position than it was when he took over (albeit after a couple of seasons where we came close to promotion), we've done a woeful job of maximising returns on those playing assets by spending tens of millions and getting almost nothing back, our reputation has taken a battering with the EFL charges against us and the financial administration of the club has left us with a 12 point penalty that could see things get much worse yet.

Against that backdrop, 'doing his best' falls rather short as an overall appraisal.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

On a tangent how are things in Lanzarote at the moment mate?

Is it like a ghost town or are you still getting a few over?

Pretty much a ghost town

Hoping for a corridor soon as Covid rates here are very low 18/100,000

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Pretty much a ghost town

Hoping for a corridor soon as Covid rates here are very low 18/100,000

Sorry to hear that

If I fly out there I'll make sure I spend some £££ in you bar

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

It's the rules that are the worst thing. He may have wasted his money HIS money and got us up. Then our turn over would increase and would sort things out. He's made some mistakes yes, definitely  but from the financial aspect the rules are rigged to help premiership clubs. He has tried to find ways round it but if he didn't we would shrink and drop lower and lower. FFP protects clubs with high turn over and causes others to take risks to try to complete. On recruitment players manager's he's been hit and very miss tbh.

18 hours ago, Brommers said:

Bet you were saying all this when you were at Wembley.

Who was the last chairman that didn't employ a poor manager whilst they were in charge?

No he probably wasn’t. But back then, we owned our biggest asset in the stadium and were close to getting promoted...now neither of those things could be further from the truth so it’s probably fair to change your mind 

• Like 1

One things nailed on certain.

If he hadn't blown millions on players and we got relegated.

One or two on here would get reyt mad and say he should have got his wallet out...beter to try and fail than never try at all, blah blah blah.

Chansiri 

backs his managers both patiently and financially 

made us competitive in championship 

never been relegated 

boooo worst chairman 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2