Chansiri - worst thing to happen to Sheffield Wednesday since Dave Allen

12 hours ago, English Man said:

Badly run, money wasted, points deductions, sold stadium, FFP rules broken, transfer blocks, poor managers, bad decisions, ridiculously expensive tickets and kits, court cases, public ridicule, wasted the 150th anniversary, crazy kit numbers, cake ball, now facing relegation to league one....... again, while our local competitors are in the premier league. Big risk taken on promotion, instead of building properly. Tell me im wrong..... 

"Crazy kit numbers"

4 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

He's only having to prop it up because he's run it so ineptly over the last 5 years. The amounts of cash wasted is eye watering.

The fact that Chansiri is now borrowing money against the assets from a commercial lender tells me that the reported 5 billion family wealth funding stream has now dried up. Now wether thats to do with the general economic situation caused by the pandemic or that the family have told him he cant have any more money to flush down the drain remains to be seen. 

One thing he could do would be to get an experienced CEO to try and run us properly. Until that happens all the key decisions will be his and the majority of his calls are the wrong ones. If we stay on this course it will end very badly.

Most clubs at this level need propping up by a wealthy owner.

DC has not done a good job. However, we were 90 mins away from the Prem. That bubble burst and we have been spiralling downwards ever since.

I honestly think he has a meaningful income stream available to him but not a large pot of cash. I say that because he paid off MM for the club over 2 years. He is now looking to service a loan rather than inject actual cash.

Badly run, money wasted, points deductions, sold stadium, FFP rules broken, transfer blocks, poor managers, bad decisions, ridiculously expensive tickets and kits, court cases, public ridicule, wasted the 150th anniversary, crazy kit numbers, cake ball, now facing relegation to league one....... again, while our local competitors are in the premier league. Big risk taken on promotion, instead of building properly. Tell me im wrong..... 

Garbage 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

You're wrong

(sorry - but you did say correct you)

Mandaric was in charge when it was introduced - first 2 season and there were no sanctions -= but Mandaric was still involved in the 14/15 season when sanctions could have been placed against us for the previous 2 seasons results.

So that's one other who could've had ffp issues during their tenure. And he was only able to keep us solvent by obtaining agreements to waive significant levels of existing debt (thank god). Think my original point still stands that DC is being judged for scenarios that didn't exist for previous chairmen/owners (except MM).

it’s difficult to gauge .. terrible management clearly comes in different degrees of incompetence.. I think DC’s ideas have all come from a From place of positivity and wanting the best for the club.

On the flip DA treat the club as a business to make money without really considering the greater success of the club.

Which is worse?

Im not sure

28 minutes ago, Brommers said:

No, but we should be grateful he continues to fund the club. Would you in his position, given the increasing number of negative posts regarding his stewardship (many of which have no understanding of the true situation but simply based on rumour and speculation).

I think its good he's continuing to fund the club, absolutely. He needs to make the club attractive again for a new buyer.

However, as for the below - 

Negative posts regarding his stewardship (many of which have no understanding of the true situation but simply based on rumour and speculation).

What is the true situation? Are you implying his stewardship has been positive?

21 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Garbage 

Which parts of these are garbage?

Badly run, money wasted, points deductions, sold stadium, FFP rules broken, transfer blocks, poor managers, bad decisions, ridiculously expensive tickets and kits, court cases, public ridicule, wasted the 150th anniversary, crazy kit numbers, cake ball, now facing relegation to league one

35 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

What was it that Chansiri said at that fans meeting, something along the lines of "believe me, your money covers nothing"?

Well now he's got no fans money coming in and surprise surprise he has had to go cap in hand to a commercial lender......if Carlsberg did Karma!

Chansiri might well "own" the club, however there was a Sheffield Wednesday prior to DC and there will be one after DC. We the fans are the club, and his stewardship of it is a downright disgrace frankly.

At most other clubs Chansiri's herculean levels of gross ineptitde would be met with a baying mob armed with pitchforks and lit torches ready to chase him out of town at the first opportunity.

How many more of these drip drip drip of little bad news stories that keep leaking out of Hillsborough will it take before the fanbase turn against him en masse?

Well i have to hand it to Soldier Boy Blue and a few others, i admire their blind faith and endless optimism. They have to be applauded for that.

13 hours ago, English Man said:

it’s the last paragraph  about our neighbours that bothers me in your comment, there is no link between those scrubbers and us , don’t make comparisons . There not relevant. Oh and IF we had beaten Hull would you still be writing this? 

I do agree he has made loads of mistakes and it is a mess, but which division would we have been in  for say the last four years under Mandaric? 

is your main concern we gambled and lost?, that the blunts went up and will come back down with long contracts. Big wages bills and  are wasting millions on vastly overpriced players eg 20 mil for Mcburnie etc. Which they won’t get back. 

My worry is he refuses to engage football people, to run his investment, is very slow to act hence the 12 points if he had acted promptly and used football people we would have been cleared of doing nowt wrong. 
I think he has learned his lesson on older players. However is still very stubborn on many others matters. 

As they say is it better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, English Man said:

You are absolutely spot on. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

...but which division would we have been in  for say the last four years under Mandaric? 

An interesting question. My suspicion is that we'd have probably stayed as a pedestrian, mid-table Championship club, investing modestly to keep us at that level. Ironically enough though, that would be an improvement on where we are now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Which parts of these are garbage?

Badly run, money wasted, points deductions, sold stadium, FFP rules broken, transfer blocks, poor managers, bad decisions, ridiculously expensive tickets and kits, court cases, public ridicule, wasted the 150th anniversary, crazy kit numbers, cake ball, now facing relegation to league one

All of it

• Like 2