Chansiri - worst thing to happen to Sheffield Wednesday since Dave Allen

8 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

By propping up the club.fo you mean he continues to honour the horrendous contracts he sanctioned in the first place..what a hero

There are two, if the ridiculous figures mentioned with regards to Westwood and Rhodes are anywhere near, other than that? 

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

No championship club (excluding those with PP) are making money it is a well known fact and even the all informed Kieran Maguire acknowledges that fact.

This is 100%  true

There's even a league table showing how much each club is losing compared to others  that gets posted on here regularly

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

30 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Have to wait and see if we have bottomed out yet.
Think it is crucial we stop up this season otherwise things could spiral out of control with the debt etc.
Stop up and we will probably have a steady couple of years as a dull lower mid table Championship club.

Can see point of a long discussion about who was worse Chansiri or Allen. 
Both have not been a positive influence on the club.

Give over you are comparing apples and oranges (I'm being polite)

1 hour ago, One De Bilde said:

How many championship clubs and lower are making money at the moment?

Mainly the ones that recruit players or invest in youngsters, raise their stock over a season or two and sell them on again for a profut. It was how football clubs were run properly back in the good old days. Even in the 90's when man utd were dominating they sold players when their stock was high, Beckham, stam, vannistelrooy.

Dc hasn't managed to grasp this so far, but hopefully the penney has dropped finally. 

15 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Mainly the ones that recruit players or invest in youngsters, raise their stock over a season or two and sell them on again for a profut. It was how football clubs were run properly back in the good old days. Even in the 90's when man utd were dominating they sold players when their stock was high, Beckham, stam, vannistelrooy.

Dc hasn't managed to grasp this so far, but hopefully the penney has dropped finally. 

I think you can argue that there is a new approach to recruitment. The point stands I would still have DC over DA every day of the week 

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Are you talking this season due to Covid? Im talking generally and prior to Covid. 

Both. You asked why we have to lose money, we don't but most are. DC threw money at getting us up and failed, he is personally counting the cost of that. I think we are now seeing however a more sensible approach to recruitment 

1 minute ago, One De Bilde said:

I think you can argue that there is a new approach to recruitment. The point stands I would still have DC over DA every day of the week 

Financially NOPE

And at least with DA he said what he was thinking and you knew exactly where you stood 100%

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, One De Bilde said:

I did mention that hopefully the penny had dropped bud. As far as having either DA or Dc in charge tbh I'd rather have mandric back, we didn't have a pot to take a leek in, but at least we were run properly. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Financially NOPE

And at least with DA he said what he was thinking and you knew exactly where you stood 100%

You would rather have Dave Allen ? 

wow 

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, Brommers said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but none of our previous chairman had FFP to deal with so many of the issues you list were not applicable to them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blind to the problems within our club and obviously feel the impact of the ridiculous POTG ticket prices. However we can't ignore that currently DC is the only one financing our club, if he suddenly thinks xxxx it (and many on here urging him to go - who the xxxx would wish to buy us in the current climate?) then we are well and truly shafted.

Better the devil...................and all that.

You're wrong

(sorry - but you did say correct you)

Mandaric was in charge when it was introduced - first 2 season and there were no sanctions -= but Mandaric was still involved in the 14/15 season when sanctions could have been placed against us for the previous 2 seasons results.

14 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I did mention that hopefully the penny had dropped bud. As far as having either DA or Dc in charge tbh I'd rather have mandric back, we didn't have a pot to take a leek in, but at least we were run properly. 

Milan Manderic was quite good at public relations where as Dave Allen was awful at it which is surprising that he made his money in the Leisure Industry.

Chansiri seemed good at it when things were going well on the pitch but now just totally ignores it.

16 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

Both. You asked why we have to lose money, we don't but most are. DC threw money at getting us up and failed, he is personally counting the cost of that. I think we are now seeing however a more sensible approach to recruitment 

Im not naïve enough to think that owning a club doesnt cost money or that many clubs lose money, he can spend as much money of his as he wishes, its his money after all. However the massive gap between spend and income in the club did concern me.  IMO it didnt have to be that way.

• Like 1

What was it that Chansiri said at that fans meeting, something along the lines of "believe me, your money covers nothing"?

Well now he's got no fans money coming in and surprise surprise he has had to go cap in hand to a commercial lender......if Carlsberg did Karma!

Chansiri might well "own" the club, however there was a Sheffield Wednesday prior to DC and there will be one after DC. We the fans are the club, and his stewardship of it is a downright disgrace frankly.

At most other clubs Chansiri's herculean levels of gross ineptitde would be met with a baying mob armed with pitchforks and lit torches ready to chase him out of town at the first opportunity.

How many more of these drip drip drip of little bad news stories that keep leaking out of Hillsborough will it take before the fanbase turn against him en masse?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, billyblack said:

So are we happy that we have essentially nowhere to go because of him? Should he be revered for that?

No, but we should be grateful he continues to fund the club. Would you in his position, given the increasing number of negative posts regarding his stewardship (many of which have no understanding of the true situation but simply based on rumour and speculation).

• Like 1