Chansiri - worst thing to happen to Sheffield Wednesday since Dave Allen

48 minutes ago, English Man said:

I'd trade one failed day at Wembley for a better run club. You saying one day at wembley has been worth everything weve been through since? Were going to lose our stadium, the only real asset we have. 

The only real positives from Chansiri's reign have been one fun season (maybe 2) and a few minor improvements at Hillsborough. 

Dodgy agents, poor finance handling, laughable sponsorships, fallouts outs with sponsors due to over pricing, crazy season ticket ideas, late accounts. You can add those too. 

Can't believe the position were in right now and don't understand why people defend it. It's gonna end in tears for us again ☹️ 

The thread title was dramatic with the comparison to Dave Allen, i'll admit but you can't disagree weve been terribly managed. We are now facing a dire situation again with a poor manager in charge of a rebuild to save us from relegation and may lose our stadium. Terrible situation. 

You say we are going to lose our stadium “The only asset we have “ ?

We ? I presume you mean the club ? 

well Chansiri is the club 

owns everything 

we are mere consumers, same as nearly every other club , in the top 2 divisions Especially 

49 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

He's only having to prop it up because he's run it so ineptly over the last 5 years. The amounts of cash wasted is eye watering.

The fact that Chansiri is now borrowing money against the assets from a commercial lender tells me that the reported 5 billion family wealth funding stream has now dried up. Now wether thats to do with the general economic situation caused by the pandemic or that the family have told him he cant have any more money to flush down the drain remains to be seen. 

One thing he could do would be to get an experienced CEO to try and run us properly. Until that happens all the key decisions will be his and the majority of his calls are the wrong ones. If we stay on this course it will end very badly.

Just imagine what £70 million could have done for us if managed properly. It was literally, sh#t or bust. Or in our case now, sh#t and bust.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

I'd rather people understood that someone has to own us and lose money in the process and there are only a finite number of people who will. DC is that man and you can say a lot of things about him but he is stumping up the cash, without him we may not be here and be looking at a Bolton situation,  or worse.

Why do we have to lose money?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, English Man said:

I'd trade one failed day at Wembley for a better run club. You saying one day at wembley has been worth everything weve been through since? Were going to lose our stadium, the only real asset we have. 

The only real positives from Chansiri's reign have been one fun season (maybe 2) and a few minor improvements at Hillsborough. 

Dodgy agents, poor finance handling, laughable sponsorships, fallouts outs with sponsors due to over pricing, crazy season ticket ideas, late accounts. You can add those too. 

Can't believe the position were in right now and don't understand why people defend it. It's gonna end in tears for us again ☹️ 

The thread title was dramatic with the comparison to Dave Allen, i'll admit but you can't disagree weve been terribly managed. We are now facing a dire situation again with a poor manager in charge of a rebuild to save us from relegation and may lose our stadium. Terrible situation. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but none of our previous chairman had FFP to deal with so many of the issues you list were not applicable to them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blind to the problems within our club and obviously feel the impact of the ridiculous POTG ticket prices. However we can't ignore that currently DC is the only one financing our club, if he suddenly thinks xxxx it (and many on here urging him to go - who the xxxx would wish to buy us in the current climate?) then we are well and truly shafted.

Better the devil...................and all that.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but none of our previous chairman had FFP to deal with so many of the issues you list were not applicable to them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blind to the problems within our club and obviously feel the impact of the ridiculous POTG ticket prices. However we can't ignore that currently DC is the only one financing our club, if he suddenly thinks xxxx it (and many on here urging him to go - who the xxxx would wish to buy us in the current climate?) then we are well and truly shafted.

Better the devil...................and all that.

So are we happy that we have essentially nowhere to go because of him? Should he be revered for that?

• Haha 2

Have to wait and see if we have bottomed out yet.
Think it is crucial we stop up this season otherwise things could spiral out of control with the debt etc.
Stop up and we will probably have a steady couple of years as a dull lower mid table Championship club.

Can see point of a long discussion about who was worse Chansiri or Allen. 
Both have not been a positive influence on the club.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I can feel all my hard work promoting a positive season, and support for Monk and the lads going down the drain right now

So, what you are saying is that "HMS Pizz the League" is being put back into dry dock?       

FFS!!

• Haha 1

Guest Mcguigan
2 hours ago, JOCOWl said:

Would you rather have fingers for toes or toes for fingers? 

Fingers for toes easily.

I could do some serious pointing then on the North.

Well he hasn't taken the club into near administration, yet anyway, so on that basis alone the 'worst' tag is highly debatable. 

However there can be absolutely no debate that he has been extremely  c r a p with the club's finances, has charged PL prices for (largely) lower Championship standard football  that he doesn't respond at all well to any form of criticism and is basically a bit of an arrogant halfwit.

Other than that, I can't fault the bloke.

• Haha 2

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, heppers said:

Likehim or not, he props up our club 

By propping up the club.fo you mean he continues to honour the horrendous contracts he sanctioned in the first place..what a hero

26 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I can feel all my hard work promoting a positive season, and support for Monk and the lads going down the drain right now

No no no, keep it up! Optionally add a strongly censoring moderator to OT so no negative posts are allowed so we can live in a bubble and expect things to come good 😄

But seriously though; despite this charge vs DC or SWFC or whoever is really at risk here... is it the stadium?! I'm still feeling quite positive about the season. We got 5 points from 4 matches so far, if we can manage to make it 11 from 6 we'd be on a hugely successful start, sporting-wise, and all the cries of drama will fizzle out.

I'm thinking we need a few milestones to celebrate.

Passing 0 points

Climbing to 21st

Climbing to mid-table

Reaching the play-offs

Nailing automatic promotion

Hm, this felt tip marker pen is smelling pretty good! Can recommend if you need a positive outlook!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1