Chansiri - worst thing to happen to Sheffield Wednesday since Dave Allen

5 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

image.thumb.png.d0026f5aaba80139280d5dad6b93fdf6.png

The Good Old Days

lol

10 years of financial paralysis, because of a £20 million debt to the co-op bank culminating in the Tax man trying to wind up the club.

DA was right, "Spending money on a football club is not an investment"

Good Times...

I look at that picture and I suddenly hear a noise. It’s someone banging a desk with their fist? 😳

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, English Man said:

Badly run, money wasted, points deductions, sold stadium, FFP rules broken, transfer blocks, poor managers, bad decisions, ridiculously expensive tickets and kits, court cases, public ridicule, wasted the 150th anniversary, crazy kit numbers, cake ball, now facing relegation to league one....... again, while our local competitors are in the premier league. Big risk taken on promotion, instead of building properly. Tell me im wrong..... 

100% correct. Anyway saying you are wrong must be in some kind of stupor

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

image.thumb.png.d0026f5aaba80139280d5dad6b93fdf6.png

The Good Old Days

lol

10 years of financial paralysis, because of a £20 million debt to the co-op bank culminating in the Tax man trying to wind up the club.

DA was right, "Spending money on a football club is not an investment"

Good Times...

Financial paralysis due to ridiculous contracts that kept players wages high when we got relegated from the Prem resulted in £20m of debt to the coop.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brommers said:

Bet you were saying all this when you were at Wembley.

Who was the last chairman that didn't employ a poor manager whilst they were in charge?

I'd trade one failed day at Wembley for a better run club. You saying one day at wembley has been worth everything weve been through since? Were going to lose our stadium, the only real asset we have. 

The only real positives from Chansiri's reign have been one fun season (maybe 2) and a few minor improvements at Hillsborough. 

Dodgy agents, poor finance handling, laughable sponsorships, fallouts outs with sponsors due to over pricing, crazy season ticket ideas, late accounts. You can add those too. 

Can't believe the position were in right now and don't understand why people defend it. It's gonna end in tears for us again ☹️ 

The thread title was dramatic with the comparison to Dave Allen, i'll admit but you can't disagree weve been terribly managed. We are now facing a dire situation again with a poor manager in charge of a rebuild to save us from relegation and may lose our stadium. Terrible situation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, heppers said:

Likehim or not, he props up our club 

He's only having to prop it up because he's run it so ineptly over the last 5 years. The amounts of cash wasted is eye watering.

The fact that Chansiri is now borrowing money against the assets from a commercial lender tells me that the reported 5 billion family wealth funding stream has now dried up. Now wether thats to do with the general economic situation caused by the pandemic or that the family have told him he cant have any more money to flush down the drain remains to be seen. 

One thing he could do would be to get an experienced CEO to try and run us properly. Until that happens all the key decisions will be his and the majority of his calls are the wrong ones. If we stay on this course it will end very badly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ANDY said:

Ok. 

apart from ... 

Badly run, money wasted, points deductions, sold stadium, FFP rules broken, transfer blocks, poor managers, bad decisions, ridiculously expensive tickets and kits, court cases, public ridicule, wasted the 150th anniversary, crazy kit numbers, cake ball, now facing relegation to league one....... 

what has Mr Chansiri ever done for us. 

3C796009-C91D-432B-ADC3-138C15D3B12B.jpeg

Yes those crazy kit numbers, thats the big one for me....not going to a game this season in protest!

1 hour ago, JOCOWl said:

Would you rather have fingers for toes or toes for fingers? 

I'd rather people understood that someone has to own us and lose money in the process and there are only a finite number of people who will. DC is that man and you can say a lot of things about him but he is stumping up the cash, without him we may not be here and be looking at a Bolton situation,  or worse.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Tbf I tried to get a loan against the stadium too and bank were having none of it, so if DC managed to get one then he’s done better than me.

I tried to get one against Spamhall Lane. I don't think the bank liked my plan to bankroll D Taxis.

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

We weren’t exactly achieving with either . Both utterly useless in different ways 

Absolutely not saying we were/are achieving. Someone has to own us and that's who we have.  I'd rather have DC over DA, if you think otherwise then it is true that time is a great healer

• Like 1