Some clarity on Chansiri's Hillsborough charge

5 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Not even reached the 3-6 month late filing penalty yet!  

See my post above, I have seen the intended striking off letter be issued 6 weeks after the filing deadline, particularly if you requested an extension and still failed to file.

Of course that letter gives a further couple of months to actually file so not doomsday- but its still not something to ignore

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

I'm sorry Joe but that's a truly awful article

It offers zero clarity and answers absolutely no questions. When stuff like this happens it really would be best to interview someone senior at the club rather than a 'rent-a-quote' football finance guy

Our fans are justifiably terrified whenever off the field stories like this surface - and they would be much more likely to subscribe to The Star if you guys did some investigative journalism and got some real answers.

Sorry if that comes over as a bit brutal

Just wondering who that somebody senior would be?

Guest Hornsby

This is the same lender that bankrupted Watford so no doubt will also have a floating charge over Chansiri's other UK assets, including his club shares.

Effectively, this could be a sale of the club via administration - hopefully, without a bet on it.

Suppose admin helped Leeds and Leicester. 

10 minutes ago, mkowl said:

See my post above, I have seen the intended striking off letter be issued 6 weeks after the filing deadline, particularly if you requested an extension and still failed to file.

Of course that letter gives a further couple of months to actually file so not doomsday- but its still not something to ignore

Am sure it's not being ignored. But it's nothing to worry about at this stage.

I don't believe personally that the auditors would be happy signing off whilst this is unresolved.

In my dealings with co house (granted my auditing days arevl a thing of the past thank god)  they seemed to be harder and swifter on repeat offenders.  Also seen a few file much later than 2 months late and not be struck off.

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Am sure it's not being ignored. But it's nothing to worry about at this stage.

I don't believe the auditors would be happy signing off whilst this is unresolved.

In my dealings with co house they seemed to be harder and swifter on repeat offenders.  Also seen a few file much later than 2 months late and not be struck off.

My experience is that its fairly arbitrary. 

Agree on the auditor point 

It actually wouldn't surprise me if there was other legal considerations going on in this respect. 

9 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

This is the same lender that bankrupted Watford so no doubt will also have a floating charge over Chansiri's other UK assets, including his club shares.

Effectively, this could be a sale of the club via administration - hopefully, without a bet on it.

Do we actually know who the lender is. The company referenced did not appear to be a lender per se

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

My experience is that its fairly arbitrary. 

Agree on the auditor point 

It actually wouldn't surprise me if there was other legal considerations going on in this respect. 

Also (from memory so may be mistaken) a key component of co house strike off process is their "belief that a company is no longer in operation" with a co such as swfc that is in public domain think that would be a hard case to make.

Regardless though needs sorting (appeal and filing accounts) asap

4 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Also (from memory so may be mistaken) a key component of co house strike off process is their "belief that a company is no longer in operation" with a co such as swfc that is in public domain think that would be a hard case to make.

Regardless though needs sorting (appeal and filing accounts) asap

The late filing ones are usually generic bottom kicking chase up letters 

One of my clients could be getting one any day soon !

44 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

When did Watford go bankrupt?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mkowl said:

Hi Joe 

You do realise these football finance experts know sod all and that comment was from the academic said nothing of value.

So come on, tell us mere mortals just what all this means.

Is it summat to worry about or just some Accountancy jiggery pokery?

6 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

So come on, tell us mere mortals just what all this means.

Is it summat to worry about or just some Accountancy jiggery pokery?

I think we have to wait until until its actually shown on Companies House, but in itself this is not a major issue for me its more re-affirming some of my own views 

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, Plonk said:

When did Watford go bankrupt?

Pre -Pozzo who bought it for  £20 million after another Italian who couldn't repay loan to same lenders that Chansiri's put on Hillborough. 

Last year, Pozzo refinanced club and took out £200 million cash personally.

5 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Pre -Pozzo who bought it for  £20 million after another Italian who couldn't repay loan to same lenders that Chansiri's put on Hillborough. 

Last year, Pozzo refinanced club and took out £200 million cash personally.

Watford didn't go bankrupt .