Chris Hughton new Forest manager.

On 06/10/2020 at 18:53, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Chris Hughton has replaced Lamouchi as head coach.

Thought he was holding out for a PL job. Obviously not happening so took a championship gig. Forest must have offered him big salary.

Edit:  apologies should have put this in the general chat section. How can i move it?

I just get the feeling that it will all end in tears, Forest are not in a good place and the owners are trigger happy, nothing against the man, just dont think its the right fit

Problem any manager has there is squad size 

must be too big to manage, train and keep happy they almost need to half it to make it workable 

on the flip side if you can’t select a decent 25-32 man squad out of that to mount a promotion challenge you shouldn’t be in management 

Forrest will be playoffs at least next year under hughton and may even have a decent enough go at it now this year if he gets settled quickly and figures out what to do with them 

Guest everydays_wednesday
15 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

Maybe not, but it’s not the fans who determine how long a manager has got is it ? -  otherwise  I suspect that Jos Lukuhay would have got the elbow earlier than he did.

I believe ultimately it is....if you consistently have no fan backing eventually, no matter what club you are at, you will go.

Guest wilyfox

Good appointment for them. Hughton knows his onions and was my preference after Bruce left. That said, Lamouchi has been unfortunate. I think missing out on playoffs in the manner they did knocked them, and they haven’t recovered yet.