Chris Hughton new Forest manager.

13 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Let's be fair he was never going to come here, no decent manager will come here, not whilst Billy Smart is running the circus.

Sadly we are stuck with that muppet and an impending trip to league one.

How did "billy smart" get Bruce here,unless of course he's on your "no decent manager" list.

• Like 2

Just now, Blue and white said:

Didn't stop around long did he, ever wonder why.

Oh,you're one of them,sees him jumping ship to manage his hometown club as a convenient way of claiming swfc is a circus.............................Genius fella,absolute genius,everything Bruce said after he'd left must be a lie then eh

Guest everydays_wednesday
52 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Can't blame he really for not joining the circus that is SWFC.

Plus he will get Forest promoted to the top flight within 3 years

That is a fair point however, are there any fans at any club in the Championship that would give a manager 3 years?  

20 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Oh,you're one of them,sees him jumping ship to manage his hometown club as a convenient way of claiming swfc is a circus.............................Genius fella,absolute genius,everything Bruce said after he'd left must be a lie then eh

Jumping ship to manage that club he has always wanted to manage, turned it down twice before and one of those were to manage Sunderland.

He left us for a very good reason.

• Like 1

Lamouchi reminds me very much of Carlos. Came to Forest with no real track record to speak of and the fans loved him when they were in the play offs and the football was decent. He then changed how they played as soon as the expectation factor came into play as well as creating a bloated and unbalanced squad. According to my Forest mates (as I live in Nottingham) he had no plan B. Problem for us was we kept hold of Carlos for too long whereas the Forest owner knew when to strike and got in a good manager in Hughton.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Lamouchi reminds me very much of Carlos. Came to Forest with no real track record to speak of and the fans loved him when they were in the play offs and the football was decent. He then changed how they played as soon as the expectation factor came into play as well as creating a bloated and unbalanced squad. According to my Forest mates (as I live in Nottingham) he had no plan B. Problem for us was we kept hold of Carlos for too long whereas the Forest owner knew when to strike and got in a good manager in Hughton.

When we beat them 4-0 last year, Lamouchi basically accepted defeat and told his team not to press us or waste energy in the second half. Its hard to remember such a flat half of football in all the games I've seen as that second half. Even when Wednesday were getting tonked (I remember a similar game where Norwich were 4-0 up at Hillsboro at half-time), the players were at least trying to regain some pride. It was just general ineptitude that meant we lost that particular Norwich game 5-0. Similar to the Blackburn game last season, where again, at least we tried - even with 10 men, and ultimately got hammered.

That Forest team had enough quality in them to at least give us a game second half, but they just threw in the towel. Looking at his record he did a decent job overall, but that was just very strange.

1 minute ago, Emerson Thome said:

When we beat them 4-0 last year, Lamouchi basically accepted defeat and told his team not to press us or waste energy in the second half. Its hard to remember such a flat half of football in all the games I've seen as that second half. Even when Wednesday were getting tonked (I remember a similar game where Norwich were 4-0 up at Hillsboro at half-time), the players were at least trying to regain some pride. It was just general ineptitude that meant we lost that particular Norwich game 5-0. Similar to the Blackburn game last season, where again, at least we tried - even with 10 men, and ultimately got hammered.

That Forest team had enough quality in them to at least give us a game second half, but they just threw in the towel. Looking at his record he did a decent job overall, but that was just very strange.

Yeah I was at that game and it came as a shock to Forest fans and was a bit of a wake up call. That first half came as a shock to me too.

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Didn't stop around long did he, ever wonder why.

He got his dream job. But I always felt he would leave us for a better offer. 
It just happened to be his hometown club. 
Great manager, but always looked after number 1. Loyalty is a rare thing in football these days.