Paddy Kenny on podcast

13 hours ago, vulva said:

Ben Marshall this week. 

Out this Morning, currently listening to it.  Not much about Wednesday so far, although he did say he was desperate to sign for us, but no bid ever came in.  Reckons this was one of the reasons why Megson got the sack.  

You can kinda see why Ben Marshall never really made it to the levels he probably could have.

Seems like a good enough lad, but pretty unprofessional.

Quite shocked to see he is practically retired at 29. Given the amount of moves he had (good ones too), he's probably set up for life.

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

You can kinda see why Ben Marshall never really made it to the levels he probably could have.

Seems like a good enough lad, but pretty unprofessional.

Quite shocked to see he is practically retired at 29. Given the amount of moves he had (good ones too), he's probably set up for life.

Came out of football due to mental health issues

Owlstalk Shop

As fans in today's game we like to frown upon players who like to go out, drink and have fun. Marshall on this showed he probably needed it to give him that release away from the intensity of football. For him to have played at a higher level I think he'd have had to be an entirely different person. Not all footballers can be as professional as Milner and Ronaldo or as intensely competitive as Roy Keane. 

It's a lazy assumption really that if he didn't have those nights out he'd have gone on to have a better career. 

Thought I'd bump this as it turned into a sort of unofficial Undr The Cosh thread, and would be good to get it going again.

They've released quite a few new episodes recently, and I've been catching up on the ones I'd previously missed.

There's one with Kevin Lynch, a former referee. He reveals he's a secret Wednesday fan, but never declared it and ending up refereeing several of our matches. Funny guy.

Liked the Tommy Spurr one, I've no idea how that lad survived in the game, he's so soft. Interesting when he mentioned he was playing for our first team in the Championship on £150 a week at one point, and that his dad had to give him a lift to training as he couldn't afford a car.

Also watched Pulis, Malcolm Christie, Craig Hignett, Don Goodman, David Cotterill all worth a watch.

Le Tissier's was good too, they ask him about the conspiracy stuff at the end which was interesting. 

Part 1 of Danny Simpson was uploaded yesterday, had completely forgotten he came through at Manchester United.

26 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Thought I'd bump this as it turned into a sort of unofficial Undr The Cosh thread, and would be good to get it going again.

They've released quite a few new episodes recently, and I've been catching up on the ones I'd previously missed.

There's one with Kevin Lynch, a former referee. He reveals he's a secret Wednesday fan, but never declared it and ending up refereeing several of our matches. Funny guy.

Liked the Tommy Spurr one, I've no idea how that lad survived in the game, he's so soft. Interesting when he mentioned he was playing for our first team in the Championship on £150 a week at one point, and that his dad had to give him a lift to training as he couldn't afford a car.

Also watched Pulis, Malcolm Christie, Craig Hignett, Don Goodman, David Cotterill all worth a watch.

Le Tissier's was good too, they ask him about the conspiracy stuff at the end which was interesting. 

Part 1 of Danny Simpson was uploaded yesterday, had completely forgotten he came through at Manchester United.

Watched the Stockdale, Luke Varney and Pulis episodes this week as I wanted to hear about their time at Wednesday. I changed my views on Pulis having listened to him. He came across as a real decent bloke and admitted we were the wrong club at the wrong time for him

• Like 1

I enjoyed the Steve Howey pod, both parts.

He seemed a decent bloke and told a few funny stories, would recommend.

I also liked the David Stockdale one, fantastic to have him at Wednesday, great character!

Felt so sorry for Tommy Spurr when he discussed his time with us.

• Like 1