BREAKING NEWS - CHANSIRI LOOKING TO SECURE DEBT AGAINST HILLSBOROUGH STADIUM

Has he sold the ground to himself...Sold the ground to a Company he owns (Which is more or less the same thing)

Or ..has he mortgaged the ground to another company entirely....I#m terribly sorry for me fiduciary ignorance...but someone put it in "Simple" terms....I can take the hit

Guest Mcguigan
2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Could just be a way of Chansiri saving 60m in the short term given the financial crisis the whole country and in particularly football is in.  Or perhaps this is the way round the stadium situation FFP wise. He must have had legal advice.

We are all just guessing this is a bad situation. It may not be as bad as it seems aslong as Chansiri remains committed to the club and makes the repayments.

I was right with you till that part.

Didn't Derby do this recently? I also recall the Glazers borrowing against the assets of Man U to buy the club. 

I'll wait for the experts to arrive and explain, but perhaps a regular occurrence? Almost all clubs heavily in debt, surely some of that is subject to a charge on assets?

• Like 1

I don't think its any concern.

A rich man doing rich man moves to balance this rich man mistake of owning a football club.

If I was a rich man, I'd stay clear of owning a football club.

Players who are never greatful and fans who are never satisfied (football in general)

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Not sure if i posted my views on this before,never agreed with selling the Stadium,internally or otherwise,ime just too 'old school'...

just didnt sit right,though i seem to recall reading posts from many who thought it was .......

Hillsborough is the 'soul' of the Club....dads took their kids there,over generations....Players dreamed of running out there(Sheffield born)...Hillsborough belonged to the 'fans'  we laughed,and we cheered,yes and we cried...(come on own the ******** up!)

We trudged back in the long winter Months after the game to sit and talk through the game with our pals,usually over a pint...

The ownership of our ground shouldnt allegedly sit with a Company based in Hong Kong.....should it?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just when you think things just cannot possibly get any worse at Sheffield Wednesday though...

As if Garry Monk doesn't have enough to worry about right now

Last season the threat of relegation / EFL sanctions hung over the players

Now it's this

ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER AFTER ANOTHER

This could really be upsetting the squad in a big big way

I see what you did there, that's your excuse for the rest of the season's bad results sorted out. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, heppers said:

Exactly that.

They will register a charge against the stadium. This will be the security. If he doesn’t pay they get the stadium to sell to recover their funds.

What could go wrong?

Based the Owlstalk Kneejerkometer(tm) Somewhere between everything and nothing 

• Like 1