BREAKING NEWS - CHANSIRI LOOKING TO SECURE DEBT AGAINST HILLSBOROUGH STADIUM

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Another film I've never seen partly due my unreasoned perceived notion that its America again claiming they won the war.

No, it's not fella, clues in the Title, this film and Schindlers List are the two films that standout for the era they were set in.............. Awesome. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Has he sold the ground to himself...Sold the ground to a Company he owns (Which is more or less the same thing)

Or ..has he mortgaged the ground to another company entirely....I#m terribly sorry for me fiduciary ignorance...but someone put it in "Simple" terms....I can take the hit

Basically it's the same as using a credit card to pay off another credit card. It can only end up getting deeper and deeper into debt unless some fresh input of funds is found to offset the compounding interest.

Incredibly dangerous game and usually ends in disaster.

I always have and will still maintain NOTHING WILL CHANGE untill

1. We have a new owner

2. We have a new manager

3. We have new players  ( we have a few but  nowhere near enough )

And it starts with a new owner. That is IF there is anybody willing to take us on AND IF there is a business still there to be bought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Another film I've never seen partly due my unreasoned perceived notion that its America again claiming they won the war.

It is an American film, it does have leanings towards that but it's still worth seeing for it's D-Day battle scenes, even though it omits the involvement of other countries that took part on the side of the allies during the Normandy landings. I'd still see it if I were you but I'd highly recommend another WWII movie from the same year, the far more philosophically emotional The Thin Red Line. But for unbiased and outright disturbing realism of the horrors of war, set during WWII, I'd suggest two of the greatest war movies I've ever seen in Cross of Iron and Come & See. 

3 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

It is an American film, it does have leanings towards that but it's still worth seeing for it's D-Day battle scenes, even though it omits the involvement of other countries that took part on the side of the allies during the Normandy landings. I'd still see it if I were you but I'd highly recommend another WWII movie from the same year, the far more philosophically emotional The Thin Red Line. But for unbiased and outright disturbing realism of the horrors of war, set during WWII, I'd suggest two of the greatest war movies I've ever seen in Cross of Iron and Come & See. 

Thanks for that I may have seen The Thin Red Line, it does ring a bell.

Best war film I have seen is probably Waterloo, not seen it for a long time but it lingers in the mind. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Disagree, don't think the casting of James Dreyfus was quite right. 😘

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

The Thin Red Line is proper dope man.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

You have to remember with this film it is 2 things 1. A pretty accurate depiction of one beaches action on D Day (Omaha)  which shows the brutality of war and tries to portray what soldiers experience on that day.   2.  the rest of the film is just a war film it doesn't depict America winning the war it depicts a story thats it.    There are factual inaccuracies throughout  it especially around the progress of the soldiers and tactics but its done for cinema affect.    I like the film the first 25 minutes is intense.

There are so many angles to WW2 that could be discussed about who was involved where and the impact these things had.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Thanks for that I may have seen The Thin Red Line, it does ring a bell.

Best war film I have seen is probably Waterloo, not seen it for a long time but it lingers in the mind. 

Not a patch on Zulu, Men of Horlicks...reyt song, prefer Ovaltine mesen like.

Not to mention Michael Caine ..who had the courage of Big Dave....and the doom monger preacher who loads on here still follow on his Tw@tter account.

3 minutes ago, peggyowl said:

You have to remember with this film it is 2 things 1. A pretty accurate depiction of one beaches action on D Day (Omaha)  which shows the brutality of war and tries to portray what soldiers experience on that day.   2.  the rest of the film is just a war film it doesn't depict America winning the war it depicts a story thats it.    There are factual inaccuracies throughout  it especially around the progress of the soldiers and tactics but its done for cinema affect.    I like the film the first 25 minutes is intense.

There are so many angles to WW2 that could be discussed about who was involved where and the impact these things had.  

Agree with you about the beach scenes and the intensity of the first 25 minutes. I'd still recommend seeing it for those battle scenes alone. However, I think The Thin Red Line deserves more appreciation and would have possibly been the film of the year, if it hadn't been overshadowed by Saving Private Ryan being released in the same year. 

• Like 1

Just now, sherlyegg said:

Not to mention Michael Caine ..who had the courage of Big Dave....and the doom monger preacher who loads on here still follow on his Tw@tter account.

It is a very good film and you have to join in with the song, remember crying as a young un as  all the Zulus piled up in front of the British soldiers. 

My name  is .....

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I loved Michael Caine in the brilliant Get Carter, he was highly iconic as the gangster Jack Carter, avenging his brothers supposed accidental death