BREAKING NEWS - CHANSIRI LOOKING TO SECURE DEBT AGAINST HILLSBOROUGH STADIUM

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

LOOK AT THE DATE 

THAT WAS LAST NIGHT 

Jeeeeeeeesus

errrm the local media broke the news last night? 

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding your point here, if you have one...other than your default position of *must not criticise local media or finance experts*

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

But those defending them or believe every word uttered are equally not taken seriously - 

I would (and do) defend YOU when attacked unfairly

It's not about what he did or didn't say - it's the fact that people immediately attacked him on here when in fact at the time they attacked him he'd not made one single post, tweet or statement anywhere

I would defend ANYONE  from that kind of unfair attack

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It's not about what he did or didn't say - it's the fact that people immediately attacked him on here when in fact at the time they attacked him he'd not made one single post, tweet or statement anywhere

😂😂 stop attacking me then. It’s unfair!!

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Well it was a tweet from someone who referenced his podcast - so half and half.

I have my reasons for not liking him, a twitter exchange where I saw his true colours and his real character. 

Just now, mkowl said:

Well it was a tweet from someone who referenced his podcast - so half and half. 

No it's not 'half and half' 

He'd not posted or tweeted ANYTHING, ANYWHERE

So no - he hadn't 'stirred the pot' or said/done ANYTHING

And I'll defend someone for being unfairly attacked like that - including yourself

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

😂😂 stop attacking me then. It’s unfair!!

Two points:

1) I am exempt from any rules as I'm a very very important person 

2) Trevor Francis is exempt for  being criticised too - he's fair game because he ruined our club

3) And Carlos

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No it's not 'half and half' 

He'd not posted or tweeted ANYTHING, ANYWHERE

So no - he hadn't 'stirred the pot' or said/done ANYTHING

And I'll defend someone for being unfairly attacked like that - including yourself

Fair enough I didn't say he had stirred the pot - I was more intrigued the background to the story which we are now seeing.

Still don't like him and he has no actual expertise btw

If you do a little research the majority of clubs in Prem and Championship have some sort of mortgage/loan against their key assets Grounds/Training Facilities.    Off the top of my head Leicester, West Ham, Tottenham, Pigs, Birmingham, Derby etc.    Its a done thing.  They have also secured against future TV revenue which is a real gamble if they get relegated. 

I'm not saying its right and I'm concerned on the structuring but its something everyone is up to.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No I know mate - it was aimed at those who jump in and attack pundits/journalists as a mob before checking their facts 👍

True - or to flip that round 100% believe a pundit / journalist without sense checking their facts or inherent bias

1 minute ago, peggyowl said:

If you do a little research the majority of clubs in Prem and Championship have some sort of mortgage/loan against their key assets Grounds/Training Facilities.    Off the top of my head Leicester, West Ham, Tottenham, Pigs, Birmingham, Derby etc.    Its a done thing.  They have also secured against future TV revenue which is a real gamble if they get relegated. 

I'm not saying its right and I'm concerned on the structuring but its something everyone is up to.  

Our neighbours being a prime example on the TV revenue - not sure Radio Sheffield had a programme on that 

My fear is just that we have been there, worn the T shirt. And it nearly finished off the club 

5 minutes ago, peggyowl said:

Yep, some good points here 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Yep, some good points here 

When you dig further and there is a Guardian Article that sets it out a lot of debt is held by an Australian bank,  Wolves are up to their necks as are others.   As I said I'm worried and would like to understand how it all works and thanks to @mkowl as ever for his knowledge and explaining stuff us mere mortals haven't got a clue about.   

15 hours ago, room0035 said:

But everyone keeps telling me he has loads of money but the p&s rule stop him from spending it.

It looks more like he doesn't have that much money after all without the fans money.

I thought it was more to do with revenue streams.

One person is restricted in how much can be invested, but with multiple stakeholders they can each invest and amount .

As I understood it that was where we fell foul in that DC was the sole shareholder and investor.

I'm sure there was talk of DC getting his brother to invest it something to release investment money.

I may be wrong.

Can someone confirm to me if Chansiri is legally allowed to raise Finance against a property that he does not own.

As useless I have missed it somewhere DC has not paid the £60m to SWFC yet to buy the properties, until this happens the legal owner will not pass to DC new company so how can he then get a mortgage against a property he does not own the club SWFC do.

I know there is a contract in place but if he has not physically paid money, or adhered to the terms of payment in the contract to the club then how can he mortgage against the asset.

• Haha 1