BREAKING NEWS - CHANSIRI LOOKING TO SECURE DEBT AGAINST HILLSBOROUGH STADIUM

No doubt I will get slaughtered for this post but god I hate some of our fanbase at times. A headline is issued and despite not having any details or the faintest understanding of what's going on, straight away they are on here slagging DC. Like everyone else, I don't know the full facts so will reserve judgement. However, what I do know, is that DC is the one currently keeping this club afloat financially so maybe we should show some gratitude. Yes he's made mistakes but if he goes, what do we have left? 150 years of history and no future.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brommers said:

No doubt I will get slaughtered for this post but god I hate some of our fanbase at times. A headline is issued and despite not having any details or the faintest understanding of what's going on, straight away they are on here slagging DC. Like everyone else, I don't know the full facts so will reserve judgement. However, what I do know, is that DC is the one currently keeping this club afloat financially so maybe we should show some gratitude. Yes he's made mistakes but if he goes, what do we have left? 150 years of history and no future.

But we've had a little too much praise for DC over recent weeks after he brought in the players the club needed.

A little too much positivity was creeping in, so we have to be drawn back into the Nexus of financial Doomageddon stories and theories.

I think we've got enough to worry about on the pitch. Let DC handle the financial / EFL mess. After all the majority of the £100 million he burnt on the playing staff and agents fees was his money.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

For what it’s worth here’s my take on the situation of Chansiri taking out a loan secured on the stadium.

If we believe all that has been said he has financed our club from day one with his own money/wealth. If that is the case  it may be true to say he’s put in £70- £100m Including the original purchase and covering year on losses since.

As I have intimated several times that his personal wealth must have been well and truly dented so getting a loan secured on the stadium may well mean he can repay himself a good percentage back. If he then walks at some point in the future his personal loses are somewhat reduced.

who said Chansiri is not a businessman !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

One or two names keep cropping up, when trawling through ex and serving directors...something ain't right...well hidden, someone on here will know eventually..

It definitely dosnt smell right.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Then why take it out in a season where we have zero chance of being promoted?

Erm over 100 points left to play for 

Monk and his superstars will deliver 

British Barcelona 

• Haha 1

Maybe Mr C knows we have won the appeal, and that the EFL are going to suspend FFP for this season. He knows we have the best manager in the world( because Niel keeps telling us) he now has a world class coaching staff in place, and Mr C realises it’s now time to go poo or bust for promotion.

Guest hirstysfags
4 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

For what it’s worth here’s my take on the situation of Chansiri taking out a loan secured on the stadium.

If we believe all that has been said he has financed our club from day one with his own money/wealth. If that is the case  it may be true to say he’s put in £70- £100m Including the original purchase and covering year on losses since.

As I have intimated several times that his personal wealth must have been well and truly dented so getting a loan secured on the stadium may well mean he can repay himself a good percentage back. If he then walks at some point in the future his personal loses are somewhat reduced.

who said Chansiri is not a businessman !!!

Doesn't mean he's a good one.

6 hours ago, Brommers said:

Give it a break. Its his mess that has caused this, now he wants a pat on the back for saving us. Dont think so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Makes him ok in eyes if he keeps the club going through all of this, I don't think it would surprise anyone if a few fell by the wayside.  

Makes him a decent guy, doesnt mean hes a decent chairman at all.

To answer your previous question. If i had the wealth i would help lots of people. You have to have the wealth first.

8 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Opinion?  We are all entitled to an opinion, but it depends where that opinion stems from, if it comes from someone who has spent thirty years in finance dealing with mega deals then I will give them more credence than listening to Bill who used to have a market stall.

Argument from authority, but yeah we are all entitled to an opinion. 

You talking about me per chance inspector?

8 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Really need to stop panicking, although given last year's events understandable to an extent.

Looking at this one of their clients is Close Brothers, if you look at companies House a similar charge was placed against the club in June 2018 with Close Brothers, this charge was fully cleared a month later.

Don't remember such a fuss back then? 

• Like 2

Haven’t read this thread. 

I think there are a couple of points worth making for balance. 

The vast majority of very wealthy individuals don’t keep hundreds of millions in cash. 

That would be financial madness and a massive drag on investment performance so their wealth is usually in assets which they either don’t want to encash for various reasons (like tax liabilities on crystallisation) or because they are illiquid (like property). 

Secondly, most very wealthy individuals use debt to manage their position for the reasons above. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Really need to stop panicking, although given last year's events understandable to an extent.

Looking at this one of their clients is Close Brothers, if you look at companies House a similar charge was placed against the club in June 2018 with Close Brothers, this charge was fully cleared a month later.

Don't remember such a fuss back then? 

Think some just panic about anything. Most of us have mortgages. Similar thing. DC sees the downturn in revenue, so obtains  some funds, so not going to his own pocket all the time. Many businesses have funding for tough times or expansion etc etc. Stop panicking.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Haven’t read this thread. 

I think there are a couple of points worth making for balance. 

The vast majority of very wealthy individuals don’t keep hundreds of millions in cash. 

That would be financial madness and a massive drag on investment performance so their wealth is usually in assets which they either don’t want to encash for various reasons (like tax liabilities on crystallisation) or because they are illiquid (like property). 

Secondly, most very wealthy individuals use debt to manage their position for the reasons above. 

Common sense at last.  Think some people think all billionaires keep all their cash in their bank accounts.