BREAKING NEWS - CHANSIRI LOOKING TO SECURE DEBT AGAINST HILLSBOROUGH STADIUM

Just now, poorlyheadowl said:

I don't really understand it all to be honest. Hmrc or companies house. Bit of a technophobe if I'm honest, but just looking for some reassurance through all the fog.

I just wish DC  ornsomeonenfrom the club would put out a statement explaining in simple terms what's going on for old foveys like me.

Don't disagree on that 

Though I would not expect any explanation any time soon 

Can't say it exactly inspires confidence. 

I'm I right to say that as long as we pay whatever we owe then there is no issue...but if we were to miss a payment then that raises the spectre of the third party being able to sell the ground? 

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Don't disagree on that 

Though I would not expect any explanation any time soon 

I just feel it's the least they could do to reassure us, or at least help elderly fans like myself understand. Maybe they will at some point. It's hard to see any positives right now. 😕

20 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Reckon D...n have something to do with it mesen, mainly cos we ain't heard anything about em for a while.

They can't 100% own players, so they thought fooook em them we will buy their stage.

I havnt found any link between this loan company and D___n yet, but I'm still digging. 

• Haha 3

I really don’t get this amusement and applauding of DCs financial management of the club; as if he’s getting one over on the tax man, the EFL, etc. 

What he’s doing is taking the club into oblivion 

Edited by Rogers
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

On the face of it there's no problem.

Chansiri has money to spend, the trouble is that he's not been allowed to spend it.

His attempts to circumvent the laws have resulted in the points penalty, but in this instance he'll be free to put his hand in his pocket.

So why is he borrowing money against the stadium then? 

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I really don’t get this amusement and applauding of DCs financial management of the club; as if he’s getting one over on the tax man, the EFL, etc. 

What he’s doing is taking the club into oblivion 

It's all rather shambolic tbh. 

I mean...he tried to circumvent the rules of FFP and managed to balls that up, leaving us on minus 12 points at the start of the season. 

He is now taking out charges against the ground that he sold to himself. 

It doesn't really inspire confidence. The only way I see him getting out of his is a promotion to the PL and that ain't happening any time soon. 

• Like 2

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Do why is he borroeing money against the stadium then? 

Ya what? 

In all seriousness, I think he's a very wealthy man, but he's not Man City, Roman rich. 

We are in the Champ, still in the Champ after years of investment and are now facing another 6 months without any form of gate receipts/matchday income. 

16 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Opinion?  We are all entitled to an opinion, but it depends where that opinion stems from, if it comes from someone who has spent thirty years in finance dealing with mega deals then I will give them more credence than listening to Bill who used to have a market stall.

Argument from authority, but yeah we are all entitled to an opinion. 

If he isnt an insider it doesnt in my view count for anything....any more than mine does...and he allegedly said as much in his post...'that was his pint(yeah that too!!) point even.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Ya what? 

In all seriousness, I think he's a very wealthy man, but he's not Man City, Roman rich. 

We are in the Champ, still in the Champ after years of investment and are now facing another 6 months without any form of gate receipts/matchday income. 

Who was it said that didnt matter? i cant remember  

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Can't say it exactly inspires confidence. 

I'm I right to say that as long as we pay whatever we owe then there is no issue...but if we were to miss a payment then that raises the spectre of the third party being able to sell the ground? 

Who is "we"? I think of "we" as Wednesday but as DC owns Wednesday and S3 its muddy........

Wednesday are owed money by S3. From memory S3 are paying 7.5m PA against a purchase price of 60m (F@ck knows how that deal passed muster) That's 625k a month so the talk about it being a cash flow decision may be correct. We know nothing about DC's liquidity or how his wealth is made up. 

Now, it would seem S3 are taking a loan out with a third party so they can meet their payments.

The terms of the loan between S3 and Wednesday are already in place, I'm uncertain if they could be altered so S3 will be out of pocket to some degree.

S3 borrowing money - At the moment borrowing is still very cheap historically speaking, however the business (football) is high risk, the timing (Global Pandemic) adds to that risk, no doubt the interest to be paid will be considerable. 

It's messy, and whilst there may be a logical and sensible rationale behind this its quite difficult to see that its anything other than fire fighting IMO.

So long as the loan is serviced there are no issues.

I'd be lying if I said I had any confidence in the owner to make the right decisions in even the most basic of situations.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, parajack said:

Who was it said that didnt matter? i cant remember  

I believe a man (possibly from Thailand) once dismissed the importance of matchday income/gate receipts to the budget. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

havnt found any link between this loan company and D___n yet, but I'm still digging. 

One or two names keep cropping up, when trawling through ex and serving directors...something ain't right...well hidden, someone on here will know eventually..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Therealrealist
26 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Are you gonna step in and start paying all the bills whilst the club is not getting money?

Yeah well done dc..I’d be gutted if Rhodes and ‘westy’ wer no longer able to get 100k a month goin in to their banks..as long as dc keeps making crap footballers very rich il be happy