Jump to content

BREAKING NEWS - CHANSIRI LOOKING TO SECURE DEBT AGAINST HILLSBOROUGH STADIUM


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

This is the arm of the company NAP use for financing football 

 

http://www.goodforsport.com/

I don't really understand the murky world of football finance but this bit makes me twitchy. 

 

We do not arrange loans or use debt finance (important in the new debt restricted environment) but instead utilise non-recourse and/or off-balance sheet and/or other structures created specifically by us to meet our client’s needs, whether to manage cashflow, generate funds for new player acquisitions, finance a new training ground or stand, or create new revenue streams.

 

"Off balance sheet"

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

I don't really understand the murky world of football finance but this bit makes me twitchy. 

 

We do not arrange loans or use debt finance (important in the new debt restricted environment) but instead utilise non-recourse and/or off-balance sheet and/or other structures created specifically by us to meet our client’s needs, whether to manage cashflow, generate funds for new player acquisitions, finance a new training ground or stand, or create new revenue streams.

 

"Off balance sheet"

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

 

 

 

It means were minted again, spendaggeddon is back on!!!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

It means were minted again, spendaggeddon is back on!!!!!

Borrowed spendaggeddon, during a pandemic, its the worset type of spendaggeddon. 

 

Jeez, if we are potless why are we going after zahore on silly money. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

 

Now I'm worried if that's all he's got..................

Its not his, the family is worth that much, or was

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Serious answer is lets wait until the charge documents are lodged. 

 

I am presuming its finance obtained against the stadium - either loaned to Sheffield 3 to pay the stadium instalments or direct to the football club with this being a cross guarantee type arrangement

 

ie its not unusual for loans to be secured across a group of companies

 

This could be reasonable business practice but to me belies the view that DC has always had unlimited cash and FFP preventing it being spent. 5 year season tickets  Club 1867 were enough evidence on that front 

 

It is just another red flag to me of the risks facing the Club 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maddogbob said:

Borrowed spendaggeddon, during a pandemic, its the worset type of spendaggeddon. 

 

Jeez, if we are potless why are we going after zahore on silly money. 

 

Coz we are loaded, its not a worry, pay him double.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I don't really understand the murky world of football finance but this bit makes me twitchy. 

 

We do not arrange loans or use debt finance (important in the new debt restricted environment) but instead utilise non-recourse and/or off-balance sheet and/or other structures created specifically by us to meet our client’s needs, whether to manage cashflow, generate funds for new player acquisitions, finance a new training ground or stand, or create new revenue streams.

 

"Off balance sheet"

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

 

 

Yes, this is what you get when payday lenders are instructed to be more transparent with their Ts & Cs. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a part of me that’s waiting for Neil to say he’s fabricated the entire thread to deflect criticism from Monk...!!! lol

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Which united?

Them across the city... took out a mortgage on the ground when they got promotion

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Them across the city... took out a mortgage on the ground when they got promotion


In the knowledge that their income was about to go through the roof. I totally accept there could be a logical explanation for this but it’s not a comparable situation to United’s by any stretch.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

80k of net assets at March 19

 

80K of assets in Walton-on-Thames?

 

The avaerage value of a property down there must be north of a million! :duntmatter:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

but it’s not a comparable situation to United’s by any stretch.

Exactly, them dirty shyteforbrains went with wonga, no other fooooker wouldn't lend em owt.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Think the Star is pretty much saying the same thing i have. Its either an equity release for short term liquidity due to the pandemic or a mortgage on the ground for extra cash.

Its not the crisis that some would seem to like it to be.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...