BREAKING NEWS - CHANSIRI LOOKING TO SECURE DEBT AGAINST HILLSBOROUGH STADIUM

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Them across the city... took out a mortgage on the ground when they got promotion

In the knowledge that their income was about to go through the roof. I totally accept there could be a logical explanation for this but it’s not a comparable situation to United’s by any stretch.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Think the Star is pretty much saying the same thing i have. Its either an equity release for short term liquidity due to the pandemic or a mortgage on the ground for extra cash.

Its not the crisis that some would seem to like it to be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Morepork said:

In the knowledge that their income was about to go through the roof. I totally accept there could be a logical explanation for this but it’s not a comparable situation to United’s by any stretch.

Utd are in deep poo if they got relegated. They have hawked future TV revenues and presumably the transfer fees are due in instalments

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

That’s that then.

Usual drama queens and Anti-Chansiri mob sharpening their pitchforks and lighting their torches for the best chairman this club will ever have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

Think the Star is pretty much saying the same thing i have. Its either an equity release for short term liquidity due to the pandemic or a mortgage on the ground for extra cash.

Not a crisis - just very indicative of what some of us have thought for a few years now about available liquidity.

Could mean nothing

Could be jumping on to a slippery slope 

I don’t think we know enough to hit the panic button. But, anyone suggesting there is no basis for concern is flat out crazy.

The financial mismanagement at our club under DC is evidenced by where we find ourselves this season. Even in the event that the loan was the correct thing to do i’d still fully expect us to f@ck up that process somehow.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Nero said:

Don't pour water over a good panic ffs. 

13 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

That’s that then.

Usual drama queens and Anti-Chansiri mob sharpening their pitchforks and lighting their torches for the best chairman this club will ever have.

No idea how anyone can think this guy is a good chairman

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nero said:

I don't think it's a crisis either.

The two things you highlight suggest what I said earlier.. that the outside investment (backers) is over.