BREAKING NEWS - CHANSIRI LOOKING TO SECURE DEBT AGAINST HILLSBOROUGH STADIUM

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

This is the arm of the company NAP use for financing football 

http://www.goodforsport.com/

I don't really understand the murky world of football finance but this bit makes me twitchy. 

We do not arrange loans or use debt finance (important in the new debt restricted environment) but instead utilise non-recourse and/or off-balance sheet and/or other structures created specifically by us to meet our client’s needs, whether to manage cashflow, generate funds for new player acquisitions, finance a new training ground or stand, or create new revenue streams.

"Off balance sheet"

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

I don't really understand the murky world of football finance but this bit makes me twitchy. 

We do not arrange loans or use debt finance (important in the new debt restricted environment) but instead utilise non-recourse and/or off-balance sheet and/or other structures created specifically by us to meet our client’s needs, whether to manage cashflow, generate funds for new player acquisitions, finance a new training ground or stand, or create new revenue streams.

"Off balance sheet"

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

It means were minted again, spendaggeddon is back on!!!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It means were minted again, spendaggeddon is back on!!!!!

Borrowed spendaggeddon, during a pandemic, its the worset type of spendaggeddon. 

Jeez, if we are potless why are we going after zahore on silly money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Serious answer is lets wait until the charge documents are lodged. 

I am presuming its finance obtained against the stadium - either loaned to Sheffield 3 to pay the stadium instalments or direct to the football club with this being a cross guarantee type arrangement

ie its not unusual for loans to be secured across a group of companies

This could be reasonable business practice but to me belies the view that DC has always had unlimited cash and FFP preventing it being spent. 5 year season tickets  Club 1867 were enough evidence on that front 

It is just another red flag to me of the risks facing the Club 

3 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

"Off balance sheet"

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Yes, this is what you get when payday lenders are instructed to be more transparent with their Ts & Cs. 

• Haha 1